Thursday, September 22, 2011

All Things Red

Pre-Preschool is currently underway in the Cox household!  I have been looking into preschool for so long now and looking over all the curriculum that the teachers have and what all the different preschools around town have to offer and came to one conclusion:  KaeLee needs more!  She already knows her colors, her numbers, her letters, her alphabet.... and on and on, so I needed something that would challenge her, but not be too much for her or frustrating.  So, I found a great website, abcjesuslovesme.com, and I am collaborating their lesson plans and ideas, along with coming up with my own, to customize a preschool for KaeLee.  I realize preschool is more than just learning academic things, but I feel that with going to theY everyday (or nearly every day....), going to MOPPETS, and going to Sunday School every week, as well as play dates, she is getting more than enough "social" time and learning how to share, care for others, take turns, etc. 

So we are working on things like sequencing; relationships between numbers, colors, food, our body and really just putting them all together; sounds that letters make; drawing lines, circles, squares and other basic shapes; cutting and pasting; bringing books to life by having some field trips, creative thinking, problem-solving.... and the list goes on.  I also really want to do bible reading and have her memorize verses.... (yes, you heard that right!)  This website has awesome plans as far as bible stories, activities, books, songs, poems and others relate to each other...... I just love it!!  I have had fun with planning it, but my mind often gets overwhelmed by all the great ideas and great activities, and I sometimes get stuck.

Anyway, today was all things RED!  The color for the week is obviously RED!   So here are some pictures from our RED day!

KaeLee was about done with her lunch when I thought about taking a picture; but they had spaghetti with red sauce, strawberries and red pepper strips

This was the RED box with all things red in it that they had fun exploring and playing with.  Cars, ribbion, cups, bowls, elmo, play food, playdough, red crayons, elmo slippers, red shoes, my graduation hat, red legos, a red sock monkey, a doll with a red dress.... the list goes on. 




Then KaeLee colored some RED things and we stapled them together to make her Book of Red Things.  She was pretty proud of it! :)

Hannah playing with her RED car while wearing her RED outfit! :)

Smiling big while coloring!

Hannah during her turn in the RED wagon.  The girls got to take turns in a ride around the house in their little RED wagon as we listened to and sang along with the song "My Little Red Wagon"  They loved it!  (I promise Hannah really did have fun, but I, for some reason, couldn't get that captured..... haha!

KaeLee was quick to show how much she loved it!  Oh, and that is her little book she's holding.... she wouldn't put it down!

Then they got to help put glue on apples and paste them to the apple tree!  Then we counted them (over and over again) of course! :)  They loved this and threw a minor fit when it was all done and time to put the glue away.  I think they could have spent the whole day gluing things!  (it was obviously their first time working with a glue stick....) ;)

We then read the story "Clifford the Big RED Dog" and Dora's book about searching for Boots (who wears RED boots!), played catch with a big RED ball, danced around with the RED ribbon, then took a walk to look for things that were RED!

All in all, it has been a terrific day!  But I am afraid now I had better go get dinner started.... since we are supposed to eat in 10 minutes.... haha.  oops.  I have another post of a ton of pictures to do still and will hopefully get them up tonight!  Although, Grey's starts tonight, so no promises on that one.... ;) 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment