Thursday, February 3, 2011

KaeLee's Birthday!

Well, I am finally finding a bit of time to post some pictures.  This blog is from KaeLee's ACTUAL birthday day.  Well, the first couple are the day before.  She had a great birthday and a FUN birthday party.  I will post pictures from her party either later today, tonight, or some other time..... (so detailed, I know!)  For now, enjoy some pictures!

KaeLee reading on her bean bag chair!

KaeLee and Hannah can play nicely together SOMETIMES..... haha.  It's hard to catch those moments though.... :)

Then it turns into tackling!  Hannah loves it, but mama gets nervous!  Eventually it always ends up with someone unhappy.  But they DO both have fun in the moment.

Good Morning Birthday Girl!!!  This is her trying to hold up two fingers.  It's tough stuff!

She found her birthday sign that morning!  SID!  yay!

No laughing allowed.... but I tried to draw Sid.  Yes, I realize he is a bit unporportioned, and his hand is as large as his face, but whatever.  At least she recognized him as Sid.  Apparently my Aunt has never heard of Sid and she thought it was a bad drawing of Ernie from Sesame Street.... haha.  Thanks Auntie.

Hannah loves playing with all the balls!  She's gonna be my little tomboy!  She loves the balls, the cars, shooting baskets, destroying things, getting into trouble....  she's not into the dollies, books, and "mothering ways" like KaeLee was at ALL!  It's amazing how different they turn out to be!  But I love every bit of how different they are! :)

They were sitting so nicely together and KaeLee had her arm around Hannah and everything.  Apparently neither of them want this moment documented because as soon as I pointed the camera at them, they both rolled away in opposite directions like CLOCKWORK!  What the heck!?!?!  You little rascals!

The Birthday Girl!

Yup, "I'm the Birthday Girl!"

The girls on their bean bag chairs watching Sid!

So cute!

Awe....

Another pretty girl!

Opening her first gift!  The box had two bows on it and she put one her head and the other on Hannah's..... so cute!  haha

Konner was the dedicated "garbage man" and she made sure to hand him every scrap of wrapping as she tore it off the package....

A magna doodle!!  Yay!  And she loves it!  It came in quite handy at the doctor's office too! (it's an actual travel sized one

Grandma and Hannah (see the bow KaeLee put on her head? haha)

Happy KaeLee!

Hannah and uncle Konner

KaeLee got new Dora books!

Another gift!  This one was a play camera that says things like "you're beautiful!", "Smile!", "Say Cheese", "you look wonderful!" whenever you hit the button like you are taking a picture.  It's cute.  Hannah really likes it too.  I should've saved it for HER birthday... haha.  Every time you point it at her, she throws her head back and gives a big ole grin! haha

And last but not least, KaeLee got a SID doll!



KaeLee with her own little personal cake for her birthday night.

We are singing to her here.... she loved being sung to!  The next day, she walked around all day singing the happy birthday song to her dollies and to herself.  haha.  It was quite cute.



Blowing out her candles!  She did such a great job!

Diggin into her cake.  I think she only took one actual bite.  She just liked playing with it.  It makes me happy that she's not a big cake eater! :)

So, KaeLee went to the doctor on Thursday and got her 2 year stats!  She is a whopping 21 lbs 9 ounces!  A whole OUNCE heavier than her sister!  She is in the 2nd percentile for her weight.  Her height was 32 inches.  They say if you double her height at age 2, that's how tall they will be.  So according to this theory, she will be 5' 4".  That's a pretty darn good height to me.  She'll have a good 4 inches on her mama!  haha.  She is in the 10th percentile for her height.  He said he's not worried at all about these stats (nor have I ever been!) since she's been little her whole life.  He even told me I could switch her over from whole milk to 2%.  But, being a nutritionist, I disagree with the doc and will keep her on whole milk.  She may just be made "little", but with the way she eats (or rather, doesn't eat!) I think she needs the extra calories from the whole milk since she has about 6 glasses a day!  So, whole milk it is.... sorry doc! 

Hannah has her two front teeth in and one on the bottom.  We are truly experiencing "teething" in our household.  It's not all bells and whistles, but we are getting through it.  We never experienced this with KaeLee since she never got any teeth until she was 19 months and has only  gotten 4 teeth since!  And she was able to talk and tell us what hurts.  With Hannah, she just drools a lot and gnaws on her fists and whines, and has been preferring food she can chew rather than her "baby" food.  So I am trying to figure things out with her and how to make her comfortable and happy through this hard time for her.

Other than that, not much else is going on.  I am still working on my mom's birthday gift which is taking up all my free time right now.  I am missing some pictures and once I find them, I can finally finish.  Although, I was hoping for a better sale at shutterfly so it wouldn't be so expensive!  Their next sale comes out Monday or Tuesday, so I will pray that it's 50% off!!  Then I can order it then!  Anyway, I should get going and I will post pictures from her party at some point.  Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Oh, and on a side note..... Shawn is picking up the lease for our new house on Monday when he goes up to Cashmere.  And she has decided to just rent it to us and take it off the market.  That's GREAT news for us!  So we are super excited!  We still don't have a move in date, but we are still hopeful for getting in by March 1st.  Which seems SUPER CRAZY to me that we will no longer be living in Moxee in just 3 short weeks!  WHAT?!?!!  That hasn't quite sunk it just yet for me!  And we are still unsure about Hannah's birthday party.  Do we do it in the new house just a week after we've moved in?  Am I crazy enough to bring that sort of stress into my life?  Hmmm..... we will have to see.  Alright, well, we'll talk again soon! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment