Thursday, January 27, 2011

An update on our busy week!

Well, I was going to post birthday pics but apparently I post way too many pictures and ran out of picture storage.  I had to purchase more and it will not be available for 24 hours.  Bummer!

So for now, I will just tell you about our week in boring words..... :(

Well, last weekend (wait.... no TWO weekends ago....) we went to wenatchee as you all know and we chose our home.  We have been approved for the house and we are confident we will still get it.  We have to wait till Monday or Tuesday to get the lease all in tact.  They wanted us to send the deposit to them already, but we said, um not without seeing the lease!  What do they think we are?!?!  We are WAY more intelligent than that! 

We had an open house on Sunday and only had two people come through.  But our realtor was confident that they were very interested.  Two days later, we got a call saying we got an offer on the house!!  YAY!!  We had a meeting to go over the offer and we countered back.  They offered us full price but they wanted us to pay $7600 in closing costs and the sale was contingent on their house selling.  That's bummer news for us.  We can't necessarily wait for their house to sell.  It's been on the market just about as long as ours has been, but it's such an unknown factor and I hate that.  Anyway, we put in a counter offer and offered less for closing and inserted a "bump clause" that says if we get a better offer we can bump them out.

So hopefully their house will sell quickly so that ours can soon follow.  The owner of our new house is having surgery on February 1st and then will have 2-3 weeks for recovery and then she will be moving out, so we (and she) are hoping to get in there March 1st.  I'm still excited about the house (which is good news....!) but I want to see it again!  I wish I could've taken pictures of the inside so I wouldn't forget what it looks like!  Urgh.  Anyway, we are anxiously awaiting the counter offer on our house and getting the lease for the new one.... it's all so stressful! 

Another exciting thing that happened this week was KAELEE'S BIRTHDAY!!  YAY!!  We are now the official parents of a two year old!  WOW! She had a great day yesterday and enjoyed her sign, gifts, and cake.  She liked to sing happy birthday and prance around so cutely in her birthday shirt.  And she's getting the hang of saying she's TWO now when you ask her how old she is!  :)  She opened gifts from mommy and daddy last night and my mom and brother stopped by for a bit and brought another gift.  We got her a Sid the Science Kid doll that talks, a play camera, some flash cards and plenty of new books.  haha.  She loves her books.  From grandma (and Grandpa), she got a magnadoodle and a new outfit.  She loves the magnadoodle and has been playing with it all morning.  Secretly I hate that she likes that gift more than the ones WE got her...... hahaha.  But whatever.  She does like everything we got her too.

Our busy week continues with KaeLee going to the doctor today, Saturday is KaeLee's birthday party, Sunday we have our tax appointment and dinner for my mom's birthday.  This weekend is going to go by fast, I can tell!  I have a feeling it won't feel much like a weekend... haha.  Maybe Shawn and I can squeeze some time together in there somewhere.  Doubtful, but maybe.   

Anyway, I should get going.  This was supposed to be a quick update.   I will try and post pictures tonight.  I have started a project that is going to need my full attention for the next few days so we will see if I actually get on here.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment