Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Belated Valentine's Day!

"May you be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height-to know the LOVE of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God," Eph. 3:18-19


Well, Happy Belated Valentine's Day!  The last few days around here have been nothing but FABULOUS!  (well, I'm sure I could find something to whine about if I wanted..... haha)

We have had a few showing in the last week of our house!  Exciting, but slightly annoying, since I have to clean and be all neat and tidy and whatever.  Yesterday, I got the call just after I put the girls down for their nap.  She wanted to show the house at 3:30.  Yikes.  I looked down at the card table I had pulled out and it was covered!  I had been trying to design and start making Hannah's birthday invitations so that I won't have to worry about it in the middle of our move.  I'd rather get them done now and just have to fill in the blanks about the details of the party.  (since we still have no idea when we get to move in! And Hannah's birthday being on the 9th, it's a toss up still of whether we will have the party here or there.  Argh.  Being the planner that I am, it's killing me! 

Anyway, back to my story......

SO the table was covered in paper, scraps of paper, scrapbooking supplies, embellishments, ribbon, paper flowers..... you name it.  Oh, and I was also starting the girls' Valentine's day surprise, so add to all that 100 little hearts, valentines crafts, spools of yarn, rolls of paper..... to sum it all up, it was a MESS!  haha.  I decided to just finish with my plan and they would just have to deal with a decorated dining room!  It was Valentine's Day, afterall! :)

So they came and looked at the house, valentine's day decor and all, and our realtor has not called us back yet, so I don't know how it went. 

Backing up to the weekend......

Saturday was not too eventful, we just hung out at home, I got to go into town and run a few errands, child free.  The best part was that I didn't have to put the girls down for a nap.  It was a nice break from motherly duties, rather than just going to town during their nap time. 

Sunday, we had another showing in the morning.  So we took the girls for a drive while they were here.  We went and got gas, dropped something off at my dad's house and then stopped to get coffees.  They were still here (!) when we got back, so we drove around the neighborhood a bit, checking out all the wind damage from the day before.  We saw lots of basketball hoops that had blown over, some broken, we saw at least one other BBQ grill that flipped over (yes!  Ours flipped over and it threw the propane tank out!)  That wind was crazy!  That night and the next morning, facebook was filled with status describing what broke and how their fence was now in the pool..... and all sorts of crazy stuff! There was a huge fire in White Swan that caused them to evacuate the entire town.  21 homes, I think, were burnt to the ground.  Sad.  One included my mom's cousin.  Shawn knows him through his work, as well.  How devastating to lose your entire home, your belonging, your memories, and in his case, his business, since he ran a business out of his home. 

Then Sunday afternoon, Shawn and I celebrated our Valentine's Day and dropped the girls off at my mom's and enjoyed a movie and dinner.  Something we haven't done in FORever!  It was nice.  Although I was quickly reminded of why going to the movies is not all that it's cracked up to be.  And I had remind Shawn of proper date etiquette that you do not play a game on your new blackberry when you are on a date with your wife! (it was before the movie startred)  His response: "We're on a date?" I could only roll my eyes.  (He's not going to like that I put that on here.... haha) We went and saw Just Go With It.  The movie with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston.  I love both of them!  It was a great movie and quite funny! HOWEVER, I got the pleasure of sitting next to a group of what seemed like really nice, pleasant ladies.  The lady immediately next to me (it got pretty packed in there!) did not chomp on popcorn in my ear or slurp her drink.  The people behind us and all throughout the theatre took care of those pet peeves, however! haha.  I thought, "Yes! I got a good one to sit by!"  Then the movie started.....

EVERY song that came on during the movie, this lady would sing (loudly) along with it, clapping her hands and tapping (more like stomping) her feet to the beat.  Oh man.  Shawn looked at me and said "are you singing?"  Really, Shawn?  You think I would go to a movie theatre and sing along?!  haha.  She talked a lot to her girlfriends, laugh hysterically and over-the-top, clapping her hands at the same time.  Good heavens.  All I could think was "WOW".  Either this lady had a few drinks before the movie, or she just has a very loud personality!  I think it was the latter!

So I was put at ease with the thought that I originally was having: "Poor me, hardly ever gets to go to a movie at the THEATRE!"  Now I think: WHO CARES!!  I would rather watch a movie at home, in my recliner, with all you can eat, free, snacks, popcorn, junk food and pop!  With the ability to pause if I have to pee, rewind if I didn't hear something, and skip the previews and lame ads before the movie starts!  Oh, and save gas money, the cost to get in, the annoying teenagers on their phones, and be able to start the movie at whatever time is most convenient for us without the worry of it selling out!  haha. 

We went to dinner at the 2nd Street Grill.  The food was actually really good (other than the salad, but I'm a rather picky person and don't enjoy eating stems and leaves as my entire salad...... I'm a plain ole iceberg/romaine lettuce eater.)  The only thing that bothered me was that there was a table set up for 16 people next to us.  The couple slowly arrived throughout our entire time there.  The strange thing was that it seemed like no one knew each other.  They were all shaking hands and introducing themselves and their partner.  They were talking about simple things, like what they did for a living (no, I wasn't eavesdropping....... haha).  I could NOT figure it out for the life of me, how they were all connected.  I wanted so badly to ask them.  I left with no answers. :(  haha.  Other than those downsides, we had a great evening and enjoyed the break from the girls.  They, of course, had a blast at grandma and grandpa's house and didn't want to go home! 

Yesterday, Valentine's Day, I attempted to surprise the girls (and Shawn) by decorating the dining room with placemats, name tags, centerpiece, and wall decor.  I thought it looked mighty good, myself, and was pretty proud of myself for putting it together in just a few hours!  (during the girls' nap) That was, until I woke up this morning and read Chelsea's blog!  She sure is creative and she did the same sort of thing for her girls, but it just looked so much better.  More of what I had in my mind anyway.  Though, mine was last minute, so I had to make everything, since I could not run to the store during nap time. 

This is what my table/decor looked like:





And this is Chelsea's table! 


There are a thousand things I would love to do for my girls on this special day and can't wait for them to get older!  But after reading Chelsea's blog about Valentine's Day, she shared about her girls making TONS of valentines (there must have been at least a hundred!) and they took them to the nursing home and spent time visiting with all the residents!  Her pictures of it were SO sweet!  This would be a great idea of sharing love on Valentine's day! 

After nap, we all had lunch, and then since we had to get out of the house for the showing, we ran into Safeway to pick out some flowers (KaeLee loved to smell all the flowers and brought her baby along to smell them all too.... it was SUPER cute!) and then we stopped by my mom's work to drop them off and let her show her grandgirls off.  On the way there, KaeLee said "going to see Grandma!" and I said yup.  Then she said "and grandpa?" I said, no, not today.  Then she said "How about Konner?"  haha.  It was so cute.  She's really starting to talk in sentences now and it is just adorable.  Shawn's new favorite phrase of hers is "Oh man!" It is pretty cute.  Mine is after I sneeze.  She always says "Bless you mama!"  Even if I am downstairs and she is upstairs.  She runs to the balcony and shouts it out to me.  haha.  too cute. 

Updates on the girls:
Hannah is teething away and it is causing her to wake up several times a night (*sigh*).  It's most frustrating because, with KaeLee, at 7 months, we could just lay her in her crib to fall asleep and she would be good till morning.  With Hannah, we usually get to just lay her down, but she falls asleep right after her bottle while rocking her otherwise.  And then we are up with her a good 6 times (at least) at night.  She is either scratching and has pulled the socks off of her hands, she has lost her pacifier, or she loses her blankets and gets cold.  Her because her teeth hurt.  That one we can't really do a lot about at night.  We have tried the orajel, but I really don't think she likes it a whole lot.  I don't know what else to do for her.  I should try giving her tylenol right before bed, I guess.  During the day, she has her hands in her mouth (when she doesn't have a toy or a teether) and she has been biting her hand and then gets upset.  It's a trying time for all of us.  :)

She is starting to walk SO good!  Like she's a pro or something!  She is working on mastering walking with shoes, now, and doing pretty well at it!  She is still a shoe fanatic and likes to take her shoes off every time we get in the car.  And if you leave the laundry room door open the slightest bit, she will be on a dead run to get at all the shoes in there!  haha.  She is trying to talk and says a few words like uh-oh and dada.  I swear she says other things, but then I can't get her to say them again.  She is just still her happy self! 

KaeLee is growing fast!  As I said, she is starting to talk in complete sentences which is SO cute to listen to!  She is still a little bully to Hannah, but we are trying to work on her pushing.  It's so irritating because she knows she pushes her, she tells us she does, but she's happy and smiling and proud of herself that she pushed her.  URGH.  And she loves to hug and kiss Hannah, so I think she looks forward to that part after her time out when she has to go say she's sorry to her.  She jumps up and down after she says sorry to me and says "Hannah! Hannah!"  I say, "yes.  Go say you're sorry to Hannah!".  So she runs over there, gives her a great big hug, saying sorry hannah, sorry hannah, I love you.  And kisses her.  And she's just beaming the whole time.  It's frustrating.  We feel like we are doing everything we know how to to get her to stop, but it's not working!  There are definitely times that I want to call Supernanny!!  She could whip her into shape! Not much else going on with KaeLee.  She's big into talking on the phone lately.  It's cute to listen to. 

Oh yeah, and I have come to the conclusion that I do NOT have just TWO children.  I have gaining a third! (and I don't mean Shawn....haha)  I feed KaeLee and Hannah and then KaeLee goes to get her baby, puts her in the chair and buckles her and wants me to put the tray on, put a bib on her, help feed her, get her a napkin, help her down, help change her diaper, rock her to sleep, sing to her..... Ahhhhhhh!!!!  It's exhausting!  If we DID have a third child, I am confident that it would be a piece of cake, since I feel like I have 3 already anyway!  haha.

Well, that's it for my update!  A short one, I know (HA!)  Not much planned for this week (nothing, to be exact!).  Just hoping that someone puts an offer in on the house!  Anyway, enjoy the few pictures.  I should have taken a lot more pictures yesterday, but didn't.  Shawn's mom sent the girls the most adorable little outfit in the mail and we will most definitely have to get the girls' pictures taken in them!  I can't wait, actually.


KaeLee coloring with one of her new birthday gifts.  What a smile!

Hannah playing with her favorites..... CARS!

She's a happy one with the cars!

Playing together with the cars!

Hannah found her way into my basket of clean towels!  I'm sure she was nice and warm and cozy!

This was the only way Shawn and I were able to enjoy the superbowl.....!  Haha.  We didn't actually have it enclosed (Hannah's headed out the gate in this pic) but we thought about it!  Just having something new to play in distracted them for a little while anyway!  They chose this day to be the most clingy and loud, of course! 

Hannah loves to roll around in my favorite blanket to cuddle with..... apparently she has made it her favorite too.  She is nothing but giggles when she rolls around in it.  It's nothing but cute! :)  And you can get a glimpse of her top two front teeth! They are coming in good.  She still just has the three.

I love this pose.  It reminds me of a "tiger pose" haha.  It looks like I was telling her to be a lion and roar at the camera.  Hahaha.  This one makes me laugh.

Hannah and I snuck out to go get the mail while KaeLee was still napping.  She loves it when she gets to ride in the single stroller without KaeLee next her!  She was looking so much older to me this particular day and I had to take a picture to capture the memory. :) She's growing up so fast!  She almost looks like a little toddler when wears her jeans! 

So this is what Hannah does to me most of the day.  I cannot stand in one spot, especially when I am in the kitchen trying to cook dinner.  Otherwise, she will attach herself to my leg and I can not go anywhere!  It's cute sometimes, but quite frustrating at other times.  Don't let her fool you---- she is NOT attention deprived!  She is just a HUGE mama's girl and doesn't want to be anywhere else!  See, she's not upset or crying in the least bit, she's just happy to be next to me.  Which makes it that much harder to get upset at her.  But she's so heavy, that I can't just hold her all the time......

On Valentine's Day, reading their new books with their new heart shaped sunglasses! :) I love KaeLee's face here.  She cracks me up.

Hannah has not learned how to keep her glasses on.  She is just a HUGE giver and wants to share everything! What a sweetheart!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment