Monday, January 10, 2011

Busier than I thought.....

Well hello all!  I haven't posted in a while, but I did this on purpose to give you a break from my long winded posts!  All five in a matter of 3 days!  My hands also needed a break from all the typing.  And the fact that our house needed cleaning.... so my time has been better spent lately cleaning and finding homes for all our new Christmas gifts.  And boy, were there plenty to put away! 

We got home New Years Eve and were just exhausted.  We didn't stay up for the ball drop.  I know, we're pretty boring people.... haha.  But it was a long drive home and all we could think about was going to sleep!  We tried to stay up for a little bit, but then we figured out I was staying up because I thought Shawn wanted to and he was staying up because he thought I wanted to....... so at about 11:00 we headed to bed finally.

New Years Day we just hung out here at home and let the girls play with all their new toys.  It was pretty cute when KaeLee got up that morning.  I was changing her diaper and this was our conversation:

Me:  "Do you want to come downstairs with mama?" 
KaeLee: Ummmm.... (this is her new favorite word!) no. I read books!
Me: Okay. 
**KaeLee Gasps SO loudly and deeply, I thought her was going to swallow her tongue**
KaeLee: Kitchen! Kitchen! Kitchen!
Me: Did you just remember that you have a n ew kitchen downstairs?
KaeLee: Yeah!
Me: So do you want to go play with your new kitchen or do you want to stay up here and read your books?
KaeLee: Ummmmmmmmmmmmm................. books! 

Haha.  It was so funny!  Shawn heard it downstairs on the monitor and thought it was pretty cute too.  It's funny how she says "um" all the time now.  And she really draws it out like she's thinking about it hard when you give her decision.  It's so cute!

That night, we went up to my mom's house for dinner and to hang out. 

This week had been pretty uneventful.  Hannah got over her sickness.  Thankfully, she only had the barking, raspy cough for 4 days then was completely fine.  No "bad cold" that was "supposed" to follow.  We made a trip to Costco.... and boy was THAT ever a huge bill!  We haven't been for a couple of months and so we were out of quite a bit!  And all their paper products were on coupon, so I took full advantage of that!  Whoo Hoo!  We now have plenty of tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, zip lock bags and more to last quite a while!  And they had an electric toothbrush that Shawn has been wanting super bad on coupon: $25 off!  So we got that.  AND..... it was a two pack, so I am now a first time electric toothbrush owner and I am not sure how I feel about it.  I took my time taking it out and getting it charged, so I have only used it once.  It's definitely different than a regular brush!  I'll try to get used to it, but I don't like change a whole lot. 

And apparently KaeLee takes after her mother, because she does NOT like change.  We put a mat in the bath tub so Hannah wouldn't slip and KaeLee screamed bloody murder at the sight of it and would NOT sit down on it.  We tried for three nights and it was NOT happening, so Hannah is just going to have to learn how to get around in the tub without slipping and drowning. 

And I washed all the sheets in the house one day this week, and when nap time rolled around, they were still in the dryer, so I just let KaeLee sleep on the mattress pad with no sheet and put a pillow case on her pillow.  Well, she threw the biggest fit EVER when she saw the black pillow case instead of her usual white one.  She did not want to use it whatsoever!  That girl is MAJOR drama!  I can tell she is turning TWO in 15 days!  Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!  It's only begun! 

Oh, and we had another change this week..... she wore panties for a while day without a diapers.  Why did I decide to try this again?  I have no idea!  I was supposed to be enjoying my weekend off and taking a break while Shawn was here to help.  But NO, I decided to create Hell on earth!  That's exactly what it was.  I was not made to potty train anyone.  Especially little miss stubborn, hates change, KaeLee.  She never went, not ONCE on her potty chair.  She knew exactly what she was supposed to do and she taught her dolly how to use the potty, just like the stupid book told me to do, but she would NOT go.  She would just hold it.  I knew she had to go.  She had drunk a full glass of milk and two full glasses of juice.  I knew she had to go.  And she willingly sat on her potty.  She read books (about 100 of them!) and we sang songs to relax...... no luck.  She was on the potty for at least an hour and a half straight.  (her choice.... I did not force her.  In fact, I encouraged her to go play, but she couldn't walk without holding her legs together and would run back to the potty chair.....)  It was finally time for dinner and bath, so I just put a diaper on her for during dinner and when we went upstairs to take a bath, her diaper was so full and it was sagging so bad.  Ugh.  I don't know how to make her go!  I turned the water on for her to listen to, I splashed some water on her (my mom's advice.... I thought this was weird....haha).  No matter what I tried, she would not pee in the pot.  So I have no idea when I will attempt this agonizing task again.  Shawn casually said, "you're not going to try tomorrow too?"  "tomorrow" was today.  No, sorry honey, I am not going to try again today when you are not home to help keep Hannah away.  Oh, and by the way, did you not notice how horrific it was or how HORRIBLE it was making me feel and how FRUSTRATING it was?!?!  I've decided that maybe he can try next.  bahahahahahaha......!!  Or maybe I should make Christina or Konner train her.  She seems to listen to them.  She actually likes them.  Not me.  haha. 

Today we had a realtor show our house.  He called us yesterday, asking to show it this morning and we crazily said yes, that would be just fine..... (you have to had seen our house to understand this crazy talk!) So yesterday we had to clean our entire house and pick up all the clutter..... ugh.  While trying to potty train and occupy Hannah and keep everyone happy.  What did we get ourselves into?  But we somehow managed to get it all done.  In the end, the couple put an offer on a house exactly like ours in a different part of the development.  I don't really blame them.  It's a lot cheaper, but it's also a short sale and could take forever!  Oh, and there was already another bid on that same house, so we are hoping that whoever loses that house will just come and put a bid on our house!  I think we are the next cheapest after that house sells!  Whoo Hoo!  That would be amazing!  And it would be perfect timing since it takes about 30-40 days to close and that's about the perfect time that we want to start moving!  We'll see though. 

Tonight my dad stopped by for a bit and told me that my grandma Bechard AND my grandma Beaudry are in the hospital.  I knew my grandma Bechard was there, but not grandma Beaudry.  And they both have been there since the 1st.  Apparently they have given my grandma Bechard a week or two to live.  That's the first time they have ever put a time limit on it pretty much.  It's always just been "not very much longer" or "anytime now". 

Tonight I was supposed to go up to my mom's and watch the Bachelor with her like we do every Monday night, but my dad called and said that she was at the hospital with my grandpa Heilman.  Ugh.  So I have three grandparents in the hospital tonight.  Prayers for all of them would be most appreciated. 

My aunt Linda was also in the hospital this last week.  She has been having problems for a while with what they thought was arthritis, but then they discovered she is bleeding internally somewhere and basically had no blood in her body.  So she was admitted to Virgina Mason Hospital over in Seattle.  She is home now, after a few days over there, but they still don't know where the bleeding is happening...... weird.  I don't know why they would release her if they haven't found the problem...... but nevertheless, she is home and could also use some prayers. 

Alright, enough of my chit chat.  Here are a few pictures.  Enjoy the rest of the week.....! And OH!!  Did you SEE that SEAHAWKS game Saturday?!?!  Talk about amazing!  :)  Can't wait for this weeks game!  Go Hawks! 


Konner with the girls on New Years Day

KaeLee coloring with grandma


The girls enjoyed playing in the diapers.com box forEVER!  It was fun to play pretend as many things.... a ship, a bus, a car, an airplane..... the list was endless.


Awe, cute sisters!! 


The girls are having a blast with daddy.....!


See? :) They love when Daddy's home on the weekends!

Hannah loves her daddy!  (and the camera.... haha!)




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I WILL TOTALLY TRY TO POTTY TRAIN!!! i will probably be a failure but it would be good for me:) just let me know:) and totally love you all! keeping your family in my prayers and hope your house sells:)

    ReplyDelete