Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Year of HOPE

I saw this quote today and the nutritionist in me chuckled and said I had to pass it along.

“People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.”

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I thought I'd better write about the new year before I get too far away and start writing about KaeLee's SECOND birthday!  It's not long now and I have begun to count down the days...... (ahem.... 22...) haha.  But setting that thought aside for a moment, I wanted to write about the new year. 

A year of HOPE sounds perfect for this year.  I must have hope.  We have a year of "the unknown" ahead of us.  Today I have HOPE that Hannah will get over this horrible barking cough that she has.  Croup is what I believe it is.  I googled it, of course!  It's said to last 3-6 days and then turns into a really bad cold.  BOO!!!  That's bad news for my poor Hannah Banana!  She has definitely gotten lots of cuddle time the last couple of days and tons and tons of kisses!  I hate seeing my baby sick.  It makes me feel so helpless (because I am, really....) and so very sad.... :(

I have HOPE that this year will be a year of exciting experiences and will begin new adventures that I never could imagine.  I have HOPE that this year will make my relationship with my husband stronger as we venture out to try new things.  I have HOPE that we will find a great church home and church family.  And HOPE that KaeLee and Hannah will make new friends and not just be isolated to being at home with..... ME.... haha.  And most of all, I have HOPE that I will love my new job as a stay at home mommy and that I won't miss work as much as I think I might. 

This new year is a year of changes.  Moving, beginning new jobs, starting over in a new place of the "unknown".  It will force me to stare my fears in the face and battle with a lot of mixed emotions, new adventures and more than my fair share of getting lost, I am sure!  There is a pit in the middle of my stomach now, as I sit here writing and thinking about it.  There are definitely days where I think about what we are about to do and I feel nauseous.  Then there are days that I am excited about the change.  I get asked all the time if I am excited about the move or if I'm ready and I think a lot of times I just kind of give a blank stare.  That's exactly how I feel.  I don't know how I feel.  It's random.  If you were to ask me that question 10 times a day for the next week, you'd get a different answer every time.  Ha.  That is why I am choosing to have HOPE that this is God's plan for our family and His plans are bigger than I could ever imagine and His plans are to PROSPER us and NOT to harm us!

2010 was a year of pure JOY.  Remembering the precious year makes me GRIN! Here is our year of blessings in review:
January
Rang in the new year by going to bed early.... haha.  Much like this year. 
KaeLee starts officially walking!
KaeLee turns 1!  And, of course, we throw a big party!


February
Finished the nursery for little miss Hannah





March
Hannah is born March 9th!  She was 1 hour and 34 minutes "overdue"


April
Easter celebration at my mom's house where KaeLee had her first Easter Egg Hunt!



May
I started back to work after maternity leave
Hannah rolls over May 2nd!
The Cox's came to visit
Memorial Weekend at Oasis Park



June
Megan graduated high school
Christina graduated high school
KaeLee graduates from her high chair to her booster and enjoys eating at the "big" table
Dad and Pam come over for a visit
Hannah moves to her own bedroom and into her crib.  She grew out of her bassinet a lot quicker than KaeLee did!
Hannah turns 3 months old!



July
Fourth of July at mom's house
BBQ at my Aunt's house and KaeLee gets to go swimming
Interviewed for Food Service Director in Sunnyside (rejected....)
My cousin Jennifer gets married
Shawn goes fishing in Westport
I go to the dentist for the first time in 6 years and have 8 cavities..... yikes!
Girls start daycare again 1 day a week
My cousin Trish is pregnant!!  Due March 3, 2011
Cox party in Cashmere.  Shawn and the girls go, leaving me home to work!
Dinner with Larry and Pauline
KaeLee is 18 months!





August
Konner turns 14
Hop Festival and Parade
BBQ at Aunties house and Scott and Dawn are here from Montana
Beaudry Family Reunion
KaeLee goes poopy in the potty
Start getting our house to sell
Hannah starts sitting up on her own!
KaeLee goes to the dentist
KaeLee gets her first tooth buds!  Her first teeth come in at 19 months!  Her doctor said she set the record for him in his 30+ years of practice! 
Shawn turns the big 27!





September
Hannah starts crawling!
Central WA state fair
Labor day weekend in Camano
The girls' first trip to the zoo!
Hannah is 6 months old!
Jake turns 2!
Trish visits from California!








October
Halloween!
Pumpkin Patch


November
Go on vacation to Lake Chelan: our first family vacation!
Officially take over the orchards
Our house goes on the market
Thanksgiving at my aunt's house

My niece, Lola Kaelynn is born! (nov. 1st)
Shawn goes to the dentist for the first time in over 6 years as well. He only has 3 cavities, BUT he has gingivitis.... so HA!  I consider mine better since I don't have a disease.... haha.


December
Go Christmas Tree hunting
My last day of work
The chaos of Christmas per usual!
Lindsay has a Christmas baby! Kenzie Noelle :)



Well, here's to a new year of HOPE!  I pray that the Lord will continue to lead our family where He wants us to go.  I have HOPE that "everything's gonna be alright...."  haha.  I will leave you with my scripture of HOPE for this year.  Have a very blessed 2011 and keep the good time rolling!  :)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment