Monday, January 17, 2011

KaeLee: nearly 2 years Hannah: 10 months

Sometimes I wonder why people read this blog?  It's so boring.  Our lives really are not that interesting.  But then I remember that we have two BEAUTIFUL children and people must read the blog just waiting for the latest pictures....!  So here they are! 

Yesterday I decided that we needed to do a photoshoot since we hadn't had one in a while.  It made me long for an actual indoor studio in our home.  How cool would that be?!?!  I know I would love it.  But, an indoor studio wouldn't serve me to well unless i had a new camera to go with it!  ;) Oh, and photoshop might be a good investment too..... haha.  But for now, you get my amateur and not-very-creative photoshoot.  Yes, there are shadows.  Yes, I know the background is not white.  And Yes, I wanted it to be a bright white.  Oh, and I broke a lamp during this whole thing.  Pooey.  I liked that lamp a lot too! 

Anyway, enough of my whining, enjoy the pictures!













If you would like any of the pictures, please let me know which ones and what size(s) you would like.  If you tell me in advance, I can have them developed and ready for you at KaeLee's birthday party.  Otherwise, I will have all the pictures at the party and you can choose then and then I can be sure to get them to you or mail them or whatever. 

KaeLee's birthday invitations were going to be sent out today, but I seemed to forgot that it's a holiday, so they will be mailed tomorrow.  A little late, I know, but at least they are on their way.  Oh, the party is the 29th. 

We will be the official parents of a two year old in just 9 days!  WOW!  Since her birthday is on a Wednesday, we debated whether to have her birthday party the weekend before or the weekend after.  But, in my family, I kind of have to collaborate with my mom and my brother on this one, because the weekend before is my brother's birthday and the weekend after is my moms.  Haha.  And it turns out that my family is headed to Pullman the weekend before for my brother's birthday, so mom's birthday weekend it is!  But, of course we will have cake on her actual birthday too and she will get to open her gifts from us that day.  Whoo-Hoo!  I'm so excited for her! 

This last weekend we ran up to Wenatchee to look at a few houses.  There was one really really ( I mean Really!) nice house and I may have really considered it, but there was a bit of a problem..... there was no dining room!  What the heck?  This nice of a house, and they don't have a dining room?  That's stupid.  They had a counter that you can have barstools and they had a "breakfast nook".  But this was a 3'x3' area, crammed in the corner.  You may be able to put a chair there?  But forget about a table!  Urgh.  That was frustrating.  Then we looked at a townhouse.  I didn't like it though because of multiple reasons.  Shawn said he thought it would work, but then when I started crying, he realized that it wouldn't.  haha. 

I'm trying not to be picky.  I really am.  And I really think that I am not being picky.  But something that Shawn wasn't understanding (but I think he does now) is that this is not just somewhere we eat dinner, watch TV and go to bed in.  It may be for him, but I am stuck in whatever house we choose for 98% of my LIFE while we live there.  And I told him I deserved more than a hole in the wall place that has a parking lot for it's driveway.  (Something I REALLY don't like).  I never talk like this.  I never say that I deserve something nicer.   But I do.  I don't ever put myself first in anything, but this is that important to me.  So we are still on the hunt for a house. 

We looked through the windows at a couple other places, but they were not available for show on the weekend.  (who does that?!?!  You would think that if you want your place to sell/rent, wouldn't you show it whenever was convenient for the BUYER??!!!??)  So, we are hoping to go back up there one evening this week to take another look at them.  We are very hopeful.  One of them has pictures online, the other doesn't.  So it's hard to know whether we will like them or not.  Our "Ideal" home is hard to find.  It's near impossible to find a one story home with 3 bedrooms and 2 living areas.  Oh, and I guess a dining room.... haha.  So I think we will most likely end up with a two story house.  With maybe 2 bedrooms.  And probably only one living area.  But we are hopeful that the Lord will provide us with the perfect home (for the perfect price!) because we are running out of time!! 

Anyway, not much else has happened in the last week.  Oh, although yesterday...... Hannah started walking short distances on her own!  She walked from one chair to the other with holding on the anything and she randomly started walking towards the other room, would get in about 4 or 5 steps and then get down to crawl!  So it's going to be sometime this week, I think, where she will just take off and make it all the way across the room!  YAY!  That make my mommy heart smile!

Have a great week and if you get today off as a holiday, enjoy! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment