Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!

I am always so happy to see snow.  I like it in the early morning, when the plows haven't been down our street yet and it is a fresh white blanket covering everything.  How pretty!  I love it.  When the plow comes through, it makes lots of dirty slush and piles it up on the sidewalk.  The bad part is that no one plows the sidewalks so walking to the mailbox with the girls and pushing the stroller through the piles of snow on the sidewalk become quite a daunting task...... I would still love to be able to take walks every afternoon despite the coldness.  The girls love to look at the snow and I can't wait to get them out in it and see how they react being in the snow! Maybe the snow will stick around until this weekend and then we can frolic and play all day in it!  :)

So, I mentioned that my last day at work is no longer December 17th.  Nope.  It's no MONDAY!!  So the story is that my work has been trying to force everyone to get the flu shot.  Last year, if you didn't get the flu shot, you had to wear a mask at work.  Fine.  Whatever.  I wasn't about to get the flu shot.  Yes I was pregnant and they kept saying that pregnant women needed to "for sure" get it.  Well, I refused to get it.  I can't remember the last time I got a flu shot, so I thought it was silly and stupid and why would I start now?  So, of course, when the flu shot talk came up this year, I said, no, of course I'm not getting it.  Well, my work decided that, this year, anyone who doesn't get it by November 15th, will be taken off the schedule starting December 1st.  I thought "this is ridiculous" and wondered how a cooperation could try to force such a thing.  I cannot believe that it is legal for them to tell us what to do with our bodies.  To tell us that we must inject ourselves with a live virus.  What a violation.  I was not about to give in to this ridiculousness and I went to the employee health and filled out a form saying I refuse to get it.  The choices of boxes I had to choose from were "allergic to the vaccine" or "religious beliefs".  I told the lady what I thought and said, "so which box do I check?" I checked religious beliefs and wrote personal beliefs next to it.  I thought about just checking the box and leaving it, but I decided to be honest. 

Yesterday, my boss called and said my request was denied.  They were not going to approve my reason for not getting the shot.  So she said she has to take me off the schedule.  I was scheduled for 6 days in the month of December before I leave for good.  6 days.  Really?  They couldn't approve my reason for 6 days of work?  She didn't tell me why the denied it.  She didn't know.  I called the lady to argue, but no one answered the phone.  I will call her back today, but I am not expecting any change.  I am just curious what the difference between a religious belief and a personal belief is?  A religious belief IS a personal belief, is it not?  I am so confused.  And annoyed.  I seriously cannot believe that this is legal.  It's absolutely ridiculous!  I am not happy about it. 

But on the bright side of things, I get the first couple of weekends in December off that I was going to have to work the late shift on!  We can now go get our tree when I originally wanted to!  YAY! And no more paying daycare!  I am saddened a bit because I thought I would have more time to say good bye to people at work.  But owell.  I'm just glad that Shawn supports me for not going to get the shot and is just as annoyed by the situation as I am. 

Anyway, here are some pictures of our first snow and other random moments!  Enjoy the rest of your week and your Thanksgiving!  I am sure I will post again before then though....

Hannah just being her adorable little self....

Kali came over to play (my friend Lindsay's daughter) for a bit and KaeLee was chasing after her for a hug...


And chasing her....

And finally got her in a corner and attempted a hug.  Kali's look here says, "Help Me!"  haha


What a little poser!


The girls all playing together. 


Kali loves her Elmo!


Hannah playing in her tent


KaeLee loves to color!


And can get so serious about it!


Daddy's not so serious....


Hannah wishes she was big enough to climb up on the horse!
KaeLee has a new fascination with taking her clothes off.  Of course, she would choose the right season to start this little fad, huh?  Oh, and she has started to really enjoy Sid the Science Kid!  Shawn and I actually like the show too!  Better than Sesame Street, I think!


Our home in the first snow of the year!  If you look closely, you can see that it's snowing.  And the wind is blowing so much that it's pretty much just snowing sideways!


The girls watch the snow falling from the warmness of the inside!


And KaeLee has to show her dollies the snow, too, of course!!  haha


I know you can't see the book, but KaeLee is reading a book to Hannah here.  It was so cute.  I had to sneak super quietly so I wouldn't get caught taking the picture! I love these little moments!


Then Hannah gave her a kiss.  haha


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment