Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!


"Praise the LORD! Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever ..." Psalm 106:1

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!  I hope you all have such a great one!  Drive careful to your destinations and may you be blessed all day long!! 

I really hope you do stop to evaluate all that you are thankful for and thank the Lord for blessing you!

Today I am thankful for family and for our immediate family's health.  My Grandma is not doing so well, as I have mentioned before.  Prayers for the family and that she may finally have some peace and rest in the Lord would be very much appreciated.  We also got a call from Bud last night saying that Shawn's Grandma Joan is in the hospital for a blood transfusion due to her anemia.  So prayers go out to her today as well for a quick recovery. 
"Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms" ... Psalm 95:2

I have two more pies to make this morning.  But perhaps I will wait until this evening to make them.  Shawn is headed to Moxee Market to get the paper for me so I can strategize my shopping for tomorrow.  Yes, I am going shopping.  Pretty much only for one item.  This one is for you, Jen!  You must be pretty special if I am making the trek to Target at 4am for only you!  After I declared the year before last that I would NEVER go out shopping again! 

So a couple of funny things that have happened in the last couple of days (okay, yesterday....) .....

I was preparing KaeLee's breakfast and asked KaeLee to go get her highchair. She likes to "be a helper" and bring her high chair into the kitchen. Well, the tray to the highchair was still on the dining table for dinner the night before, and when I turned around, I saw that KaeLee brought her highchair in like I asked and she was also halfway up the thing to climb in. She succeeded. And not only did she climb up into it herself, but she was already busy buckling herself in. haha. It was quite hilarious! And a bit scary. I didn't try to stop her. I wanted her to be able to do it because I know she's been trying for a long time. I "spotted" her while she climbed up. She was SO proud! She couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear and her whole face was just beaming. She's so cute. She did it again at lunch and was even more excited this time when she heard me ask her to get her highchair.

However, during preparation of her lunch, I heard a squeaking sound.  It sounded like dry skin rubbing against the floor.  I turned around and saw Hannah being dragged by KaeLee by her legs.  Hannah was on her stomach trying to crawl, and KaeLee had a hold of her pajama feet, dragging her backwards into the living room!  I gasped and yelled at KaeLee, "What in the WORLD are you DOING?!?!?!"  Hannah looks up at me and smiles so big and lets out a big o chuckle! Oh my.  Regardless of whether Hannah was having fun or not, KaeLee got time out.  Apparently she just wanted her to come play with her.  She kept patting the floor next to her saying "sit Hannah. play.  Hannah!  Sit, Hannah!  Hannah, play!" haha

Anyway, I need to start rummaging through the paper.  Have a great day everyone!  I pray you are blessed immensely!  You are all such a blessing to me

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God." Philippians 1:3
Photobucket
 

No comments:

Post a Comment