Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's gonna be a bright..... a bright sunshiny day!

It's SNOWING!!  YAY!  I have heard other people say it's snowed in Yakima, but this is the first I've seen!  I went to the garage this morning and before I opened the door, I was thinking, "how cool would it be if there was a layer of snow on the ground when I open this garage door!?!?!"  Well, there was no layer of snow, but Shawn's car had some patches of snow on it and it was snowing! Not a lot, but enough to satisfy me!  Have I mentioned that I LOVE snow and that I LOVE this time of year?!?!  Of course, when I got out of East Valley, the snow stopped.  Boo!  I guess on a positive note, I don't have to brush snow off my car when I get off of work.  Seeming how I don't know where my brush is for my car anyway. 

So on the way to work this morning, I drove past the Sundome.  I saw the list of upcoming events on the reader board and read Carrie Underwood December 14.  Then I realized..... I forgot to share my exciting news!  ..... dun dun dun.....  I get to go to Carrie Underwood!  Whoo-Hoo!!  My sister-in-laws, Megan and Jen were going, but Jen has a final early the next morning and would be up all night driving back to Seattle (she's such a good girl..... I would've just went anyway.... haha), so Megan asked me if I wanted to go with her...... uh, YA!  Shawn got me tickets to her for my birthday when she came to town a few years ago and it was so much fun!  I am thrilled at the chance to go again! 

I was going to give an update about my new niece..... I looked back to see what I wrote before, and realized I never introduced her!  She deserves her very own blog entry, so I will have to introduce her tonight, when I have access to pictures, but for now, I wanted to let you know that my sister, Nikki, had her baby!  November 1st, actually!  I know.  It's shameful that I have not mentioned this earlier. 

Something else that happened on Halloween that I didn't mention.... (Nikki went into labor Halloween night).  My grandma Bechard landed in the hospital again.  This time the doctors didn't have good news and said they found cancer in her colon also.  It's too much in too many places and treatment doesn't look promising and would only be painful and devastating with no results.  So grandma is foregoing the treatment and is at home waiting.  Waiting to be with the Lord.  My step mom, Pam, says she is just super tired all the time and has no energy.  She has fought long and hard.  She deserves to have eternal peace with no pain and no worries.  She will be, once again, filled with energy and be able to frolic around with the children in Heaven.  Please keep her in your prayers, along with the rest of the family.  It's been a stressful 6 years for my step mom and her siblings and my grandpa, watching her go through treatment after treatment.  There have been so many times where we have all thought "this is it" "I don't think it'll be much longer".  I remember at Nikki's wedding, summer of 2006, she was there, bald head and mask over her face (because her immune system was so weak).  Many didn't think she would be able to come.  She wasn't able to stay long, but she was able to see her get married.  And then she was able to see me get married a year and a half later.  And she has been blessed with many great-grandchildren since, as well (I believe 10 in all!). 

Well, I just took a bathroom break and came back to finish.  Coming back, I passed the gentleman from the funeral home.  He was headed upstairs with his "bed" and blankets.  We all know what that means when we see it.  And we all avoid getting in the elevator with him if we are also going upstairs.  Like I said yesterday in my blog, there have sure been a lot of deaths going on here.  Walking into my office, I pick the papers up off the printer and, sure enough, there is a discharge paper that simply says "patient is dead".  How blunt do they have to be, really?  It seems there are many of other phrases that could be chosen. 

Anyway, It's 7:30.  Time to start calling my patients.  have a great Sunday everyone!  Enjoy church if you get to go and realize it's a blessing if you're able to go!  No groaning allowed, for I WISH I was able to go this morning!  Oh, and GO SEAHAWKS!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment