Saturday, November 6, 2010

The ABC's of our VACATION!

So this was our FIRST vacation since our honeymoon!  It was well needed and way overdue!  And boy did it come at the perfect time!  I realize that going to the lake is not ideal in November, but it was great to just get away and relax.  The girls had a blast!  We spent a lot of our time either hanging out playing with the girls or at the park. 

In order to spare you from the 258 pictures we took this week on vacation, I decided to "be creative" and steal a blog idea I have seen done on another blog I read.  So here are the ABC's of our trip and it will hopefully show the highlights! 


A is for Always smiling!

B is for Big girl bed!!  The playpen is way too small for KaeLee nowadays, so we decided to just put the mattress on the floor and let her be a "big girl"!  Oh man, did she EVER love it!  She especially loved that she could just climb out of bed after nap and sneak out to the living room and join us.  She was so PROUD that she could do that!  haha.  (I secretly like it when she plays in her crib with her dollies though and gives me a chance to pick up, baby proof the place again and "prepare" myself for company....haha).  She only fell out of bed a couple of times.... haha.


...and for Bowling!  KaeLee's first time bowling!  She loved it!  She didn't really care about knocking the pins down, but she loved to roll the ball! 7 pins was her best roll!  WOW!


C is for Chilly weather!  Doesn't Hannah just look adorable all bundled up to head to the park?!?!  LOVE her!


...and for Cuddling!  We got lots of good cuddle time in with the girls!


D is for Driving!


...and for Ducks!


E is for Excited girls!



F is for First swim for Hannah!  In fact, this trip included a lot of "firsts" for both of the girls!  Bowling, swinging for Hannah, KaeLee's big girl bed, their first vacation, and watercoloring!


G is for Good Morning!  Hannah is so happy in the mornings!


H is for Happy Hannah!


I is for Indoor Pool  It was pretty cool that they had the regular pool, the hot tub and then they had a 2 foot deep kiddie pool.  It was great because since I didn't have a swimsuit, I could wade in the small pool with one of them while Shawn took the other in the big pool, and then we got to switch.  Worked out perfectly!


J is for Jumping!  Yup, we lugged the jumper with us.  It a actually comes apart and folds pretty easily so it's nice to give her a change of scenery for a bit.  Good thing we weren't on the top floor! haha


K is for (Kind?) KaeLee


L is for Lake Chelan


....and Leaves



...and Linebacker!  Yes, linebacker.  We were at the pool and there was another older gentleman there who was talking to us.  I noticed that when he said something about Hannah, he refered to her as a "he".  I didn't correct him and just let it go.  Then, as I was taking her out of the water to dry her off, he looked at her and said "wow!  There's a linebacker if I've ever seen one!" WHAT?!?!  It took all I had to just smile and nod.  I kept my complaining for when we got in the car.


M is for Messy Eater!


N is for our New home for the week!  I missed my opportunity to take a picture of a "clean" place!  The first thing they like to do is dump the toys out everywhere!  (and notice that neither of them are actually playing with any of them!)



O is for Our Family


P is for Playing



Q is for Quality Time... we got lots of it!  It was so great to have Shawn with us for a week and get to do lots of fun stuff together!


R is for Reading books!



S is for Sisters! Aw, look, they are holding hands!




...and Swinging!



....and Sliding!


T is for Telephone  KaeLee found this pretty quickly!  We had to unplug it since she was constantly over there calling "her friends" haha


...and for Tumbling Tower!  It's such hard work to build this thing while guarding it, then having to do it all over again in 0.2 seconds! haha


U is for Uh-Oh!  So, on Tuesday night, I was taking my contacts out before climbing into bed.  Well, I didn't want to turn the light on, and I have done this a million times before, but I woke up in the morning and went to put my contacts in after my shower the next morning, and this is what I found!  CRAP!  Dried out contact.  With no spare ones with me.  This meant that for the next 3 days of vacation, I had to wear my glasses.  My glasses are a very old prescription.  Well, okay, not old... only a couple years old, but my eyes change SO much every year that it may as well be really old!  Wearing my glasses give me such a headache if I even have them on for too long in ONE day!  So we had to make a run to the grocery stor for some advil and it became my friend for the next few days!  Oh, and wearing sunglasses became quite the hideous fashion statement while out on our walks or in the car.  But if I didn't, my headaches would have turned into migraines from the brightness of the sun!  Oh, how I wish I was a candidate for lazer eye surgery!


V is for our View from our condo.  The window was a bit foggy, but you get the idea.  Shawn said "that's nothing too special" but I said "Whatever!  That's pretty!"


W is for Watercoloring!  The resort offered this activity one of the mornings and we took the girls down there.  I think KaeLee liked it.  She liked dipping the paintbrush into the water the most.  Of course.  She loves to clean, why wouldn't she like a clean brush too?  haha



....and for Wapato Point.  This wass the resort we stayed at during vacation!


X is for Xploring God's creation! These leaves are neat! :) haha


Y is for Yellow leaves


....and for Yummy pizza!  I made all our meals, but we splurged one night and got pizza!  It was pretty good!  But making all those meals sure saved us lots of money!


Z is for Zonked out!  This is what KaeLee looks like when we check on her before going to bed ourselves. (well, this happened to be during her nap) She moves around so much and this is her attempt at covering herself up with the blanket!  haha

Well, I hope you all are having a nice, relaxing weekend and enjoying yourselves!  We are off to dinner at my mom's!  I hear we're having Taco Soup..... Yummy!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Fun to look through all these great pics! :) I am cracking up over the "linebacker" one. People really have no clue! She's in a GIRL'S bathing suit too...seriously?!
    I'm glad y'all had such a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete