Friday, October 22, 2010

Well this week has been a doozy.  Yup, I said doozy.  We have been hard at work getting the house ready to sell (I am SURE you guys can't wait for me to be done talking about this! Sorry!)  We are almost there.  I have the kitchen and master bedroom to go through and then just deep cleaning throughout the whole house to do.  (geez, the way I said that it makes it sounds as though the deep cleaning will take 5 minutes and be a breeze..... I WISH!)  But the progress we made this week has been amazing!  We are having a yard sale tomorrow to try and rid ourselves of a TON of stuff!  A lot more than what we both thought we had! 

Our anniversary was great.  Being home with two sick kids all week and working my butt off around the house, I never got to the store to get anything for Shawn.... oops.  But his gift from me was getting stuff done around the house.  On our anniversary, I spackled all the crown moulding and got all taped off, ready to paint (among other things...).  This was quite the job and one I know he wasn't looking forward to.  So I think I can consider that my gift to him.....?  Shawn got me some warm gloves for my 4:30 mornings going to work.  Since the garage is overtaken by yard sale stuff and piles to go to storage, I have to park in the freezing cold outdoors..... I know, I know, POOR me!  haha.  And he got me a picture collage frame and he said that it would match the design of the headboard I want him to make me.  (the one he was ssupposed to make me 3 years ago for my birthday..... yeah, I'm still waiting!) ;)  The card he got me was pretty funny.  He told me, "I lol'd at that card in the store." Uh...... did my husband really just say LOL'd???!!!  haha.  That made me "lol".  A lot. 

Anyway, we went out to dinner.  Black Angus.  Yummy.  Then we had thought about going to the haunted house afterward, but we drove by it and it looked scary.  Not the haunted house, just the fact that there were some pretty shady people in the parking lot along with a couple of cop cars.... not sure what was going on, but we decided to pass.  On the way home, we noticed that Big Lots had opened!  I love that store and convinced Shawn to stop there.  He actually ended up liking the store and was amazed by their low prices.  So we ended up going shopping for our 'date'.  haha. 

Well, as I vaguely mentioned.... our whole household is sick right now.  The girls have had it for a while, and Shawn and I both finally caught it from them.  Poor girls.  If their throats and noses and whole bodies hurt like ours do, I can understand why they have been waking up a lot at night, why they haven't been able to eat much (due to lack of ability to breathe....) and why they have been so tired and whinny.  And poor KaeLee has been trying to cut a tooth on the bottom (yes, she still only has her two top front teeth!).  I've been able to feel it for a few weeks now, but it's not poking through!  She is always gnawing on her fingers and comes up to me and says "teef, teef, teef."  Poor thing.  I know they hurt her.  I need to try some teething tablets.  I have heard other people swear by them.  We just give her orajel, sometimes tylenol, and let her gnaw on cold teething rings a lot.  I just feel so bad for her.  They say that most all toddlers have all their teeth by the age of 2 (including their molars!).  Well, she a little over 3 months to catch up!  haha.  Oh, and you should feel bad for us, since most parents only have to deal with teething for 18 months or so.......! ;) haha. 

I have some pictures, but am at work once again, so I will have to post them later.  Sunday we are going to the pumpkin patch, so I feel another blog coming soon..... and tomorrow, Christina (Shawn's, well technically cousin, but we call her sister...) and her boyfriend, Luis, are coming over.  I am pretty excited to meet him! 

For now, have a blessed Friday.  And a great weekend! :)

Photobucket

P.S.  My apologies go out..... I always have intentions of posting short blogs, as not to bore you, but they always end up being books!  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment