Sunday, September 26, 2010

Babies, boredom, and bed!

My sweet friend Amber had her baby Friday. Poor girl had to push for an hour and a hlaf before having to have a c-section. 8 lbs 20" Kaleb Lee. He was a couple days overdue. She lives down in Texas. Her friend, Sarah, is the one who lost her baby just 4 weeks ago.

I am so tired and so bored. I wish I could just go home and sleep! MY back is absolutely killing me this morning and my stomache still aches. Last night I had the worst stomache ache ever. I don't know what was going on, but oh man, I don't wish to experience it again!

93. The number of patients I have to call today. And I have a feeling it will only grow. Hopefully the phone won't ring at all this morning so I can get a lot of people called. Usually I can get it down to about 30 people before the 10:00 girl comes in. I hate calling people so early in the morning. I know that nurses wake them up for their morning rounds this early anyway, but I feel bad calling. My boss starts calling at 7:00, but I just can't do it. I have to wait till at least 7:30. Crap, speaking of the phone ringing, it's already started!..... YES! Those are the phone calls I like! A mom is going into surgery this morning to have her baby, which means she can't eat breakfast, which means one less person to call for lunch since she will have to be on clears after her surgery.... :) This particular mom has been here forever!! Poor thing has been on bedrest. Bedrest is one thing, but bedrest in the hospital... I would never wish that on anyone! I wonder how far along she is...??? hmmm....

Anyway, the fair started Friday, here in Yakima! YAY!! I love the fair! I love walking through the buildings and looking at all the fun stuff people have entered. This year we get to add some rides into our fair experience. I'm pretty excited! I love the kiddy rides and am glad to have an excuse to ride them! I don't think KaeLee will be tall enough to ride very many of them, and I definitely don't see her riding anything by herself, but it will be a good year to introduce her to them and get her "feet wet" in the ride department! We plan to go to the fair on Wednesday since i work every weekend, and the weekends are the busiest anyway. We want to go on a day when the kids are in school and parents are at work. KaeLee loved the animals last year and I know she will love them even more this year. Hannah will love too, I am sure! I think my favorite thing last year was just watching the expressions on KaeLee's face when she was looking and taking everything in. So I'm excited to see that with Hannah to!

Shawn started putting up the crown molding yesterday. It looks really good on all the painted walls. It kinda blends in on the white walls though and makes our walls look dirty since the molding is pure white and the walls are not. I think the next time I do it, I would have the ceilings painted a different color other than white also. This would make it stand out even more. But it's coming along great and after it's caulked and touched up with paint, it will be amazing! :)

Well, it's about that time to start calling patients. Maybe I will go grab a quick bite to eat first. Please pray that they all tell me that they are going home today! That is the best! That way, my phone calls with each patient would only take less than a minute and I can have all 93 people called before 10:00, then do lunch trayline and maybe go home early! Whoo-Hoo! Have a great Sunday everyone!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment