Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My imagination is running wild....

Wednesday, May 5

So you know how when you were a kid, you'd lay on the grass and watch the clouds, pointing out what they look like to you? Well, my imagination is going wild and I have been seeing shapes in KaeLee's poop lately..... haha. I think maybe this is a sign that I am going insane and need some socialization and adult conversation, eh? I saw a turtle today. Haha

So KaeLee has made disciplining her pretty easy. I'm not sure where she learned it, but it started a couple weeks ago when she was in the tub. She kept standing up and Shawn would tell her she needs to sit down. He said "I'm going to count to three. One. Two....." and she sat down. I laughed. Thought that was a coincidence. Well, apparently she somehow knows that we are counting to three and that 3 comes right after 2.... I think it's funny because she doesn't even know what happens after 3. (I don't even know what happens after 3...) haha. But I have used this countless times. For making her bring me my cell phone (or whatever she just grabbed that she knows she can't have), for getting out of the pantry, cupboards or fridge, to sit down on the couch, or to leave the cords alone. haha. Works wonders! I LOVE IT!

Today is Jen's birthday.... Happy Birthday Jen!

KaeLee is growing lots lately! I mentioned already that she's wearing 18 month clothes now... but she is getting tall! (okay, not TALL, but tallER) She can just about reach the counter! If there is something on the edge of the counter, she can stand on her toes and stretch up to grab it! This is BAD NEWS! The counter is the only safe haven we have to put things that we don't want her getting into. Now what will we do??? She doesn't listen worth a dime, so I can't trust her not to touch it...! Ugh.

I can't believe that it is already MAY! WOW! Pretty soon it'll be September before you know it! YES! I can' wait for September! September means that I can be done breastfeeding. It means that Hannah will be (or better be anyway) sleeping in her own room though the night. (which means I will be getting better sleep!) It means that she will be able to sit up by herself and play on a blanket on the floor. It means that summer will be OVER! I love Fall weather! It also means that school starts again and I have yet another chance of a hopefully opening in a school district. It means that if I'm still working at the hospital, the daycare will most likely have an opening for KaeLee and I can start working more during the week and less on weekends. (since I am working every weekend now). It means more, but I can't think of them all right now....

Hannah has been throwing up SO much! I know that I have mentioned it before, but I think it's become more frequent. I must go through at least 4 or 5 burp clothes a day! I am constantly doing laundry just to get clean burp clothes. I finally just bought some more yesterday. We now have about 25! Haha. I think with KaeLee we had a total of maybe 6 or 7.

My first day back at work on Sunday wasn't so bad. I am glad that I started back with just one day. This weekend I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It'll be tough. But it's good for me. I need to get out of the house.

(Side note: It smells very strongly like someone is smoking fish or something. Or burning weeds or something. Hmmm..... perhaps I should go check it out.... Or I could just wait till our house is in flames.... haha)


Anyway, I try to get the girls and I out of house every other day or so, (every day if the weather is nice.... which it hasn't been at all lately). Yesterday we went to Fred Meyer and got KaeLee some new pjs since she's growing so fast. Tomorrow we are going to go visit my Auntie and see how her new kitchen looks. They just did a huge remodel on their house with the kitchen, family room and back porch. I'm excited to see it. I think I am going to plan on stopping for coffee on the way out there... it sounds delicious right now.

Anyway, I mainly just wanted to share my poop visions. Sorry if it offends any of you..... Nothing else too exciting to report.

Oh WAIT! When I was at work on Sunday, Shawn said he gave Hannah some tummy time and he got up to go get the camera and came back and she was on her back! WHOO-HOO Hannah! So I was like, "so she rolled over today?!?!" And he says "does that count as rolling over?" I was like, "uh, yeah!" Of course she would wait till mommy's first day back at work! Urgh. But Shawn was pretty excited that he got to see it first (she did it again for him of course). May 2nd. She has KaeLee beat in that department!

Well then.... I must go. KaeLee is dying for some Barney time. I can feel it. I sure wish Hannah would allow me to set her down today though so that I can have some one on one with KaeLee.

No comments:

Post a Comment