Saturday, April 10, 2010

Grass, Bark, and Trails... Oh My!

Well, we finally adventured out of the house on Wednesday to go to the park! I had Hannah in the front pack and KaeLee in the stroller. Oh man, I was so sore the next day! That front pack is super nice, and Hannah falls asleep in it, but it can really start to put a strain on your back after a while!

Well, KaeLee loved the park. I started her off on the slide since the baby swing was occupied. I don't know how much she really enjoyed the slide though. I wish that I didn't have Hannah on me so that I could have taken her on my lap down the bigger ones. Then we went on the swing for a while. I think she liked it, but she had quite the death grip on it and may have been a bit afraid of heights. She owuld not look up at me and would only hold on for dear life while looking down at the dirt. After the swing, I let her walk around and explore the bark. There was one other mom there with her 2 year old son. KaeLee started to pick up pieces of bark and bring them to the other mom. She did this about 20 times in a row. I then thought we could be here all day doing this and the other mom is probably getting tired of this game, so I brought her over to the grass and let her run around. She loved being free to roam wherever she wanted. Her "living room" (of grass) was endless and huge!!

We walked along the paved trail for a while. I didn't really like to though, because she was trying to run and I just kept picturing a face plant, ending with a face covered in blood. I'm not ready to deal with that just yet. Well, ever, really. There were a couple of peaople walking with their dogs, and one of them would pass us, going the opposite ways we were walking, and KaeLee would get so excited and point at them, then she'd turn around and try to start following them (they were going very fast though). The cutest part was that she would chase after them saying "ruff! ruff! ruff!" haha. That was the first time I had heard her say that. It was super cute. Then there were a couple of boys playing basketball and she watched them forever. They set the ball down at one point to take a break, and KaeLee was all over it, trying to run after it. She really wanted that ball!!

She also liked the dandilions and was exploring those. Then a guy was running on the trail and passed us going the opposite way. He said Hi to KaeLee and she turned and was watching him run. Then she put her hands in the air and said "WOW!" It was quite funny! Then there was a guy mowing the park's lawn and all the soccer fields and school grounds.... I don't know how many of you have seen these lawn mowers, but they are ginormous!! They are big and round and cool looking! The guy on the tractor was actually the husband of the lady that had the daycare I went to growing up. He recognized me and stopped to talk to KaeLee for a minute. I think she was a little taken back by the huge tractor and kept her distance.

She definitly loved the park and didn't really want to go back home. We'll have to go back soon. Thursday I was way to sore and Friday was way too windy, so hopefully the weather will be nicer next week. I'm glad we left when we did because it started to rain a little on the way home. And then I dropped her brand new sunglasses on the way home and lost them!! Ugh! I just bought those too!!

Yesterday, we made a trip to Fred Meyer and stopped to visit my step mom for a little bit. While at Fred Meyer, I decided that I would get KaeLee a treat and we went on a hunt for some jumbo coloring crayons. Well, they apparently don't make jumbo ones anymore, only "large", so I settled for large. Later, at home, I sat her down at her picnic table and we colored for the first time!! She loved it! She didn't really get it at first, but then started to get the hang of it and she was excited at all the colors. It was super cute. I got a picture of her coloring and took a picture of the end product so I will have to post them. unfortunately I forgot to tak the camera to the park, so I have no pictures of her trip there. Boo!! Well, it's technically not her first trip to the park, but she wasn't able to do anything last summer when we went..... except sit with me while we swang.

Anyway.... the weekend is finally here! Shawn is going to spend some time outside today mowing the yard and pulling some weeds. Other than that, I'm not sure what we'll do. I did buy a little step stool for KaeLee yesterday that Shawn needs to put together today. This way she can get up onto the couch on her own and I won't have to pick her up every time. It gets quite old.

Hannah turned one month old yesterday! I really can't believe that it's been a month already. KaeLee has added a few words to her vocab. She now says thank you and bless you. Still no signs of teeth. Hannah is now in 0-3 month clothes. the newborn are too small now, but the 0-3 month and 3 month stuff and too big for her. So she looks silly in whatever she wears. She needs to grow just a bit more so they don't look so baggy and silly on her. :) But she is definitly growing and getting lots longer. And her eyelashes may just catch up to KaeLee's. They have been growing like crazy and starting to look pretty long! Last night she slept from 11-5:15! Whoo-Hoo! Then she went back to sleep and is still sleeping now, at 8:30. KaeLee, on the other hand, doesn't know how to let us sleep in a little bit and got up at 6:30 this morning! Ugh.

Well, I am going to go eat some breakfast before Hannah wakes up and want breakfast of her own. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment