Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Belated Easter!

Tuesday, March 6

Happy belated Easter everyone! Hope you all had a great easter! We sure did! It was a memorable day, with KaeLee having her first easter egg hunt! We had a very busy day (though, on paper, it doesn't really look like it). We went to a 9:00 church service at Stone church in Yakima. We didn't go to the church we were going to out here in East Valley because their service was at 10:30. We needed a 9:00 service so that we could come home and give the girls a nap before going to my mom's house for easter lunch.

We may just end up going to Stone Church more. Though, starting in May, I will have to work every weekend.... but they have a great children's ministry. It's very large, too. It's called kids world. We took KaeLee to the toddler classroom, especially for one year olds. It was called the fish room. It was super cute. When you get there, they print out a name tag for KaeLee and a code card for us, and the only way she is allowedl to leave the room is if we pick her up and turn in the code card that matches her nametag. It's nice and reassuring, security-wise. They also give us a pager and if they need us, it will vibrate. Pretty cool, I thought. They take kids birth to 12 years, but I didn't really want to leave Hannah there. She ended up just being asleep the entire time anyway. In fact, she slept from about 8:30 to noon in her carseat. The service was good and the best part was picking up KaeLee and seeing how much fun she had. I'm sure she has missed going to daycare, so the socialization with the other kids was good for her. When we dropped her off, I opened the gate to the play area for her and she zoomed off immediately and went to play with the toys and one of the volunteers. She sure didn't care that we were leaving. haha. Definitely no attachment issues with her. In fact, not last friday, but the friday before, me and the girls went to visit Pam (my step mom... she has friday's off) and my sister Nikki and her daughter Layla were there too. KaeLee doesn't get to Nikki too often, but she was sure attached to her for some reason. As soon as Nikki got there, KaeLee went running up to her with her arms out, and if Nikki left the room for any reason, KaeLee would start crying. And of course, KaeLee didn't want to leave and kept running back to Nikki with her arms out. So Nikki had to carry her out to the car and put her in the carseat. Weird.

Anyway, so after church (which was very hectic to get everyone ready and out the door in time) we came home and put KaeLee down for a nap. (Hannah was still asleep in her carseat). Shawn and I got stuff ready for my mom's, exchanged our baskets for each other and got things picked up. Then Hannah woke up, so I fed her, then we had to wake KaeLee up so we could get to my mom's by 1. Again, we were rushing rushing rushing. So we went to my mom's and had Easter lunch. It was actually the first Easter meal I have ever eaten around the dinner table. Haha. Usually there are about 30 people there and it's buffet style and free-for-all when it comes to finding somewhere to sit. haha. But this year, we had a pretty small gathering with the Heilman side of the family.

KaeLee had her first easter egg hunt and had lots of fun! Pretty sure it was her first time running around on the grass. haha. It sounds as though we are horrible parents, not letting our kids outside. Well, let me just remind everyone that she didn't start walking until winter time and of course we're not gonna go outside and run around when it's freezing cold. Yes, when she's older I will allow it. I'm not a complete winter bum. :) On easter, when I said this was the first time she's ran around on grass, my sister in law looked at me like she was in complete shock.

KaeLee took a few tumbles and ate some dirt, but overall she loved it! She didn't want to stop running around on the grass after we were done hunting for eggs. She didn't do too well on the hilly part of the grass, but she didn't seem to mind tumbling over. (I, of course, was like, "oh no! Her dress is getting dirty!".... can you tell I'm not the out-doorsy type of person.... haha)

After the egg hunt, we visited some more and my aunt, uncle and cousin showed up. I haven't seen my cousin Brad for a while, since he lives in Colorado, so that was nice. KaeLee sure enjoyed him. She had a ton of fun with him and was cracking up at him. After visiting a while longer, we finally came home and crashed. Well, Shawn and I did, anyway. We were wishing we could just wave the magic wand and both girls would be fast asleep for the whole night. But we had to give KaeLee her bath and put her to bed and wait around till midnight for Hannah to fall asleep..... ugh.

They were perfect little angels on Easter, on happy and giddy and smiley.... and then Monday came. And they became screaming terrors all day long and gave me a throbbing migraine and my patience was thrown out the window and I woke up the next morning with 3 big o zits on my face from all the stress and insanity they had caused me that day. Oh man. It was truly bad.

Today has been 200% better! I think I have only yelled at KaeLee once and have only begged Hannah to stop crying once. Awesome! It's after 5:00 already. wow. I should probably get some dinner started. This blog has been a work in progress all day. I am glad to have it almost done and out of the way. Though, I probably won't actually get it finished until during American idol, after KaeLee goes to bed. I think Hannah is about to wake up. Ugh. So much for getting dinner started just yet.

I called the daycare yesterday and told them I will be starting work again in May and they said that KaeLee's spot has been taken and I have to put her on the waiting list. Urgh. So I'm not sure what we're gonna do until they have an open spot. I asked her how long it is, but she couldn't tell me cuz she didn't have the list with her. She said that fall is the best time because they transition kids up to the next level and that usually means there will be openings. Are you kidding me? Fall? It better not take that long. Ugh. That only added to my high stress day I was already having yesterday. Shoot. Which reminds me that I was supposed to call my insurance today, dang it!

Well, I guess I should get going. I put some pictures up of Easter and a few random ones from the last couple weeks. Enjoy! We sure have cute kids, that's for sure.... :) (not to brag, or anything....)

Mommy and the girls on Easter


KaeLee's dancing to the music on Brad's phone


Shawn feeding Hannah her first bottle


KaeLee was cracking up at my cousin Brad


KaeLee and cousin Jake (he wouldn't stand next to her...)


Sleepy Hannah


Finding the treasure in the eggs


Daddy and KaeLee


Yay! another egg!


Hunting eggs with Daddy


KaeLee and Jake hunting for eggs


Egg in mud-drop, then KaeLee took a tumble and ate some dirt...


Hunting for eggs with mommy


KaeLee in her easter dress


The girls on Easter


Hannah and her Easter basket


KaeLee in her Easter dress


KaeLee's huge mess


KaeLee and Kalli reading together


KaeLee in the swing


Kisses for Hannah


KaeLee's first bubble bath


KaeLee pushing Hannah in the swing


KaeLee helping to burp Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment