Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New Hospital Visitor Policy

So Hannah's still not here yet. Another doctor appointment today.... ugh. I was hoping that last week's was the last one for sure! I have now been pregnant longer with Hannah than with KaeLee. My mom was gracious enough to remind me the other night that I was her second child and came a week late. Gee, thanks, mom! At this rate, we'll have a St. Patrick's Day baby! haha. Oh, I would die if that happened! I just hope that she's small so that we can use these newborn diapers that are already opened and these new newborn clothes I've (and other people) have boughten for her! Haha.

So, I just wanted to let everyone know the hospital's new policy on visitors. I think I've mentioned it before, but I don't want people to feel like they have to visit us at the hospital. You are certainly welcome to wait until we get home from the hospital to visit since the rules are not so nice. Our feelings won't be hurt a bit and you would be able to visit longer. So, the policy is only 2 visitors at a time between 9am and 6pm (I think those are the hours anyway. it may still go to 8:00pm). You have to check in at the front desk and tell them what room you are going to and get a visitors pass. I am not sure exactly how it works, but I know they only allow 2 visitors at a time, so if they already have 2 people checked in as visitors, I'm not sure if they will give out more badges and let you go up, hoping the others will leave when you get into the room, or if you would have to wait until they turn in their visitors badges before they give you one. Not completely sure. But I do know that KaeLee will be visiting me and when she is there, that means there will be at least one visitor in the room already, allowing only one other person.

I am not telling you this to deter visitors, because I do want you all to come visit for sure and to see Hannah! I just don't want you to be surprised by the new policy and be upset. Or, for some of you, make a long drive and then not be able to visit very long, or have to wait if there are other people. So if you wait until we are back home, you would know for sure that you could come in and you can stay for as long as you want..... okay, so I may get cranky after about 12 hours of visitors.... hahaha. But, really, we are looking forward to seeing you all and showing off Hannah!!

I will do an update later today (or maybe tomorrow) from my appointment this afternoon. I'm hoping (okay, maybe dreaming) that he will tell me I am dialated to 4 cm and I can head over to the hospital. Haha.

KaeLee gets to go play with Hayden and Heather today while I go to my appointment, so I know she will love that! Poor thing has had a cough the last few days and is causing her to wake up several times a night, practically choking on her spit. Poor girl. And there's not a whole lot we can do for her, which is the worst part.

Feeding her is still pretty much a nightmare. Takes a lot of patience that I don't usually have. She is just frustrating because she refuses to allow you to feed her. AT ALL! She won't even let me put some food on the spoon and then hand it back to her. She throws the biggest fit ever if you even come near her and her food while she's "eating". ugh. And my oh my.... THE MESS! I feel like that's all I do now, is clean up. Clean up toys, food, the floor, laundry, her highchair..... And this all occurs about 5 times a day. What do I do in between these times? Change her diaper, put her down for a nap, make breakfast, lunch or dinner for myself (then have to clean up after myself as well...), do laundry, do the dishes.... ugh. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE cleaning?!?!?! haha. Now that's all I do. Can I just tell you how EXCITED I am to have another one to clean up after? ;-)

I have a pork roast in the slow cooker today.... yummy! I am so excited for pulled pork sandwiches tonight! And tomorrow night's menu is steak and potatoes.... YUMMY! I can't wait! Sorry, I just smelled the pork and got excited and had to share.

Anyway, KaeLee is napping and I really need to get this place picked up while I have the chance and grab something to eat while she's still sleeping.... I will update you all later with any news I get from my doctor's appointment. Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment