Friday, February 26, 2010

No baby yet.....

Well, no baby yet! Ugh. I have been very grumpy the past few days because of it! haha. I'm good at the moment though because KaeLee is upstairs, sounds asleep.... whew! Although, it's been an hour already, so she will probably wake up at any time. Owell. At least Shawn will be home soon. Hopefully anyway. He better be home in time for her dinner feeding because I can't handle trying to feed her again today! I hate eating times! Breakfast is torture. Lunch is torture. Dinner is torture. And all her in-between meal snacks are torture! Now that she has experienced feeding herself, she REFUSES to allow us to feed her. It is SUPER frustrating because she makes such a mess with her food and isn't good at using a spoon yet, so she doesn't get a lot to eat. She just flings it everywhere. Then she tries to use her hand and then smears it all over herself. UGH. I can't stand it and I don't have any patience whatsoever to deal with this phase of hers until she gets better at using the spoon.

Anyway..... I am still trying to find things she likes to eat and that she WILL eat, but it is SO hard! She is still not into much textured foods. Last night, she really enjoyed her mashed sweet potatoes with some diced glazed carrots in them though. Again, she made a huge mess and I hate cleaning it up, but she really liked it and ate quite a bit. (Oh, and now it takes FOREVER for her to eat too!)

Shawn left me without a car today..... BOO!! His car broke down last night when he was almost home. He started walking home with KaeLee (I was still at work) and the moxee cop pulled over and offered him a ride the rest of the way home. I was SHOCKED because he didn't have a carseat, but yet he let Shawn and KaeLee ride in the front seat of the cop car! Granted, it was only a few more blocks.... but STILL! I was shocked! Shawn charged the battery for the Truck last night so he could drive it to work today (YES! The battery was dead!) and it didn't work. So now, we've got to get a new battery for the truck and do who-knows-what to the car! Ugh. It never seems to end! If only that stupid lady wouldn't have ran the stop sign, causing me to total my car, we would have had a new car for Shawn last year and this would have never happened! So anyway, he took my car to work, and who knows when we'll get his car taken in. At least yesterday was my last day of work, so I don't really HAVE to go anywhere, I suppose.....

Well, some pretty exciting news is that my little brother has made it into the second round of a huge writing contest. He wrote a book (yes, a 50,000 + word book!) for an international writing contest. There were more than 5,000 entries and in the first round, they narrowed it down to 1,000 and he made it! That's amazing! Especially since he's only 13 and the age limit goes to 17 or 18! And it's international! He has to wait till the end of March to find out the results of the next cut. I can't remember how many they cut it down to next though. But he's pretty excited and stoked about it! The first place winner gets $15,000 and a publishing contract. Good job Konner!

Well, my bags are packed and so are Hannah's and KaeLee's (Shawn never packs in advance, of course...) and we are just waiting around for something to happen! I went to the doctor on Wednesday and he said my cervix is 60% thinned out and I am dialated to 1 cm. Which, really doesn't mean anything, in case you're wondering. I've known people to be dialated at 3 cm for a couple weeks! Hahaha!! With KaeLee, I was 80% thinned out and not dialated at all and then I had her 3 days later! So you never know! I was hoping for today, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen! Msybe Monday. March 1st is sounding like a good date. My mom's guess is February 28th. I haven't had any contractions, but am kinda hoping I don't and that it'll happen like KaeLee's, where my water just randomly broke without any contractions. That way I don't have to deal with the contractions and wait around until they are close together and keep wondering when I should head to the hospital....

Anyway, I should probably pick up KaeLee's toys before she gets up and figure out something to make for dinner since it's already after 5! KaeLee has now been sleeping for an hour and a half, so she is bound to get up any minute! Probably as soon as I hit "post". hahaha. Well, I will keep you all updated on Hannah's arrival (or lack there of!) haha. Hopefully it will be soon because I am awefully grumpy waiting around for her! Talk to ya all later!

PS. Here are a few pictures from the last couple weeks...


I'm READY to go! So are my dollies!


I love my carseat! (It's by the door, ready to go with Grandma and Grandpa when we go to the hospital)


Ah, they were holding hands. Hayden was shaking KaeLee's hand, saying "meet you" It was SO cute!


Yes, they both squeezed in for a ride together in KaeLee's car


KaeLee and Daddy


It's all gone!


mmmmmm..... SO good!


yummy! I'm such a BIG girl!


Yay! I love to feed myself!


Covering up my dollies with mommy's kitchen towels


I love taking care of my dollies!


This is what I look like after daddy's done feeding me (hmmm..... what exactly did he give her in her juice cup????)


Getting my dolly ready for a walk around the house

No comments:

Post a Comment