Thursday, February 18, 2010

Our daughter is SO cute!

So I just wanted to share how absolutely CUTE KaeLee is!! We got home from work/daycare about an hour ago and she has just been happy and super cute! She has learned the words "hi" and "uh-oh" and she is walking around the house saying hi to everything. She will pick things up and throw them down and then put her hands up and say "UH oh!". It is hilarious! Although it wasn't so cute yesterday during her snack time and she was throwing things off her high chair and then pointing to it and putting her hands up and saying uh oh. (okay, so it was pretty cute, but it got old real fast!)

So she's not talking much other than that. Of course, she rambles on and on to her dollies and will thumb through a pile of books while "reading" to herself. She has learned other ways to communicate though and has learned that if she comes running over to me, babbling and pointing towards the other room, that I will follow her. She will then run into the other room (making sure I am following her) and she will run to either her zebra, her swing or her picnic table and pat it and then turn to me and put her arms up. This means she wants on it. So I put her on it and we play and she's all smiles. She also has discovered that if she goes over to the cabinet with all her food in it and bang on the door, yelling, then come over and get me, that I will feed her. Hahaha. It's pretty funny. I'm glad she can communicate a little more now though and can't wait till she can tell me that she's hungry or tired or what she's wanting. It will be really nice! (though people are telling me that I won't want her to talk once she starts.... but I don't know how it could get old listening to her talk! she's just too darn cute!)

She is also learning how to use a spoon. Though, I let her do this mainly at daycare because I can't handle the mess.... I get really anxious and fidgety and just want to clean her up..... haha. But yesterday, I gave her a bowl of yogurt and a spoon and went and sat on the couch. (I couldn't bare to watch the soon-to-be-mess!) She did really good! She actually ate most all of it and even though she got it all over her face, her bib, her clothes, the highchair and the floor, she enjoyed it thoroughly! I will have to become a little braver and let her do it more often. Though it will take me a while before I allow her to do this with something like spaghetti..... haha. I took some pictures and will have to post them soon. (the camera is ALL the way across the room at the moment or else I'd do it now..... hahaha)

Well, I had another OB appointment yesterday. Same ole, Same ole. I thought for sure he would check me this week, but he said he'd do that next Wednesday. I told him "well, I hope to have this baby by then!" and he just laughed. I told him that Monday was my hopeful date and Shawn's was next Friday, and he just laughed and said either day would work and it could be possible.... So I am not looking forward to next week.... Unless I have the baby, that is! It's crazy to think that I could very well have her in less than a week! We will then officially have TWO kids! AHHHHHHH!!!! I have made my lists of things to do beforehand.... lots of lists. In fact, one girl at work was making fun of me because I was making a list of all the "lists" I need to make. Now all I need to do is start crossing things off those lists. There are about 8 lists.... things like My Hospital Bag, What to bring for Hannah, What to bring for Shawn, KaeLee's overnight bag for when I go into labor, Things left to do with Hannah's room and before her arrival, a cleaning list, a grocery list..... and on and on. What can I say.... I'm a list girl! Speaking of which, I really need to make a list of foods I've tried with KaeLee, what she likes, what she doesn't, and what I still want to try with her. (sorry, just thinking aloud)....

Anyway, it is now nearly 5:00 already! This post took me an hour! WOW!! I guess that's what happens when I am playing with KaeLee at the same time and then giving her snack time. (yogurt melts and crackers today.... nothing messy.... sorry KaeLee) Well, I gotta go find something to make for dinner I suppose. I hate making dinner. As soon as I start, KaeLee gets super whiny and wants me to hold her. Go figure. Right now she is being super content playing with her dollies and covering them up with my kitchen towels and wrapping them up.... I hate making dinner before Shawn gets home because it's just so much easier if he is here to play with her and keep her off of my feet! But I suppose I will go give it a try!...... wish me luck. I'm thinking Chicken Cordon Blue sounds good....

No comments:

Post a Comment