Monday, February 15, 2010

Oh boy, Oh boy!

Oh my goodness, what a morning! First of all, I feel like I only write when I have something frustrating to talk about.... so I havve to tell you that yesterday (Valentine's Day) was fabulous! KaeLee was such a good girl all day! She hardly whined and was super easy to put down for her (morning) nap and at bedtime. (We won't talk about her second nap attempt...)

Today so far has been a different story. I had to physically remove myself from the situation before I did something I shouldn't. We started nap at 10:00. She was super tired, kept rubbing her eyes and laying on the floor and yawning... We walked around and sang for 15 minutes, then as soon as I started walking to the chair to sit down and rock with her, she immediately starts screaming (I wasn't even sitting yet!). This is her new thing that drives me mad! So I put her in her crib to scream because I refuse to allow this behavior. I went downstairs, ate a piece of leftover pizza and went back up to her room to try again. I decided that I was not going to give in and stand with her. She could either sit and rock with me or go back in her crib. So I went in there at 10:30, sat down with her and got up about 30 seconds later and put her back in her crib. I went into our bedroom, screamed a bit, cried a lot, then waited. 10:45 came and I gave it one more try. I tried to be patient and rock her a little longer despite the screaming, tantrum-throwing baby on me. Same thing, so I put her in her crib and went to take a shower. (After throwing up.... please refer to yesterday's post for confusion). Got in the shower at 10:58 and took a nice, relaxing shower. (as nice and relaxing as it could be, knowing that she's screaming her head off in the other room..... even though I couldn't hear it). I got out of the shower, looked at the clock... 11:13. I held my breath and turned the fan off and opened the bathroom door. Silence. NO WAY! I listened again... SILENCE!! WHOO-HOO! She fell asleep! I wasn't completely sure and didn't want to go check on her quite yet. i didn't want to take the chance that she was barely asleep and would wake up at the sound of the creak in the floor. So I finished getting ready and 10 minutes later I crept in and found her snoring away. I covered her up and did a little dance down the stairs and crashed on the couch from exhaustion. I don't know why she's being like this, but I DO know that mommy can't handle too much more of it before she sends me into labor!

I am instilling a policy starting today that she is no longer to be held and walked with when trying to put her to sleep. I don't know where she came up with the idea that she needs this done, but it has GOT to stop. No more. What-so-ever. The next week or so is going to be tough to break her of this, but hopefully we will survive and life will be better.

I hope she wakes up happy because after nap we are going to eat some lunch and go visit Grandma Beaudry for a bit. She just had surgery on Friday to have all her insides taken out.... (ovaries and the works...). Hopefully KaeLee will be in a better mood after a nap and will forget about how mommy was "mean" before she fell asleep and just left her there. Then perhaps we will go bother Grandma and Grandpa Sauve since they have the day off today or go ge a wax. Oh, I am in desperate need of a wax. I feel completely embarrased to be seen by anyone looking this way.

Oh crap, KaeLee just woke up. I guess an hour nap will have to suffice. Wish me luck and have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment