Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's been a while....

WOW! I can't believe it's been so long since my last blog! Hahaha..... well, I guess it has been a pretty busy few weeks!

I have been working a lot, and am finally on a 5 day off stretch....! We started our new computer program and it was pretty stressful and the patient count was super high during the whole thing which just made everything even more stressful. And we had a couple of our "regular" patients who are very difficult, which also didn't help!

Shawn is still working a lot and has been super busy at his work as well.

KaeLee had her 1 year appointment and is doing fine. She is in the 28th percentile in her height and 11th percentile for her weight. She is still on the small side but she is growing at a consistent rate, so Dr. Simms is not too worried. He may run a test for Cystic Fibrosis at 18 months if she still has a persistent cough and is still really low in her percentiles. He said he's not too concerned about it, but may do it just in case.

We got her one year pictures back and they look super cute! But in the smaller pictures we ordered, they didn't fix the cropping and so I had to re-order most of them. The re-orders finally just came in and they mailed them out to us today for overnight shipping, so I should get them tomorrow! YAY!! Also, I made a first year book for KaeLee on shutterfly.com. I am so excited about it! That should also be arriving tomorrow! Whoo-Hoo!! So next time you see us, you'll have to take a look at it! I spent all last week hurriedly getting it done because they were having a sale and I wanted to get it done before it ended.... and I barely did! But I saved 60% and got free shipping! Can't beat that great deal! (I'm a sucker for good deals!)

As far as pregnancy goes..... well, I am ready for Hannah to get here! We have finished her room for the most part. Shawn still needs to make her window seat, which I think he is doing this weekend, and I need to find a bookshelf of some sort for her. I didn't know that was going to be such a task, but my goodness! I didn't know it was legal to charge so much for something that is so simple as a bookshelf! So I am still on the hunt for a good deal. I am currently 36 weeks.... only 4 weeks to go! YAY! I am hoping for more like 2 weeks.... February 22nd would be really nice actually....! Sounds like a good date to me! My body is being a bit nicer to me lately..... either that or I've just gotten used to it. hahaha. And only recently have my feet been starting to swell, which is much better than having to deal with the swelling for months, like I did with KaeLee!

KaeLee is quite the busy bee! She is babbling away and looks at me, using hand gestures and face expressions like I'm supposed to know what she is saying... haha.... it's quite funny. Her cutest thing she does right now is putting her hands up in question when playing peek-a-boo or something. You say, "where'd the dolly go?" and she puts her hands out, palms up, and babbles (I'm guessing she's saying 'I don't know').... It's super cute and you can't watch her do it without smiling! She still won't eat table foods. Though she doesn't have any teeth (and the doctor said she's nowhere close), she is over the baby food era, but this makes it difficult to feed her! Today I gave her some pasta shells in a cheese sauce and green beans (trying something new) and she gagged at them and threw up. She threw up the other day too while eating some goldfish crackers (also new). So she is either really dramatic, tried to swallow too big of a bite without chewing enough, or really just doesn't like them. Ugh. I have a feeling I am going to have a picky eater on my hands. I was hoping she wouldn't get that trait of mine.... haha. So for now, we are sticking with the fruits and her usual sweet potatoes and squash and yogurt, yogurt melts, and sweet potato puffs. So far, mashed potatoes, green beans, avacados, corn, grilled cheese, spaghetti, lasagna, and macaroni are all out (as well as much more we;ve tried, but I can't think of off the top of my head). Maybe someday this kid will learn to eat.

Other than that, I don't think there has been much else going on. Oh, we had our tax appointment and should be getting our return probably early next week! YAY! We were surprised at how much we are getting back.... we adjusted our paychecks last year so we would have bigger checks throughout the year instead of a huge return, but having KaeLee last year caused us to get quite the refund. No complaining here. Our tax return will be here in perfect timing with me about to go on maternity leave. It amounts to the equivelant of about 8 paychecks for me... hahaha. That's how bad daycare sucks up my check! I will actually be having much larger checks while on maternity leave than I would if I was actually working! CRAZY! So for that reason, I will most likely take my full 12 weeks! Maybe only 10, but we'll have to see. And if I go back, I will most likely only do weekends for a while just to save on daycare. I really don't feel like paying $64 a day for daycare would be worth my time and energy at work!

Well, I thank you all for celebratng KaeLee's brithday with us and am thankful for the help of my wonderful husband for setting everything else and helping to prepare for the full house. And to my mom for making the salad and helping to cut the veggies. And also to Sue, Jon, Loretta and Ernie for helping to clean up. It made it much easier and the clean up went super fast with so much help! In fact, I don't think I actually even did any of the clean up..... it was done before I could finish my plate of food! Thank you cards should be out soon.... it's taking me forever to get them done. But I only have a couple left and then I have to go get stamps for them.... KaeLee and I were going to walk down there today, but then I realized the post office is closed from 1-2 and of course, it was 5 minutes to 1! Owell... maybe Friday after work I'll have a chance to get some.

I posted some pictures from her first birthday, a few random pics from the last month, and also a few from her first professional photoshoot. I have to say..... we have the cutest daughter ever! Have a great rest of the week... talk to ya later!





































No comments:

Post a Comment