Monday, January 18, 2010

It's been a while....

For anyone who actually reads this..... sorry I haven't been on in a while! Apparently life has just been passing by.... there's not anything too exciting to write about, but I figured I should probably do an update, eh?

Well, a week from tomorrow, our baby girl will be ONE year old! WOW! I can't believe how fast the year has gone by! We have her birthday bash this weekend! I think about how many people will be trying to cram into house and it is getting kind of stressful.... Too bad it's not warm outside so that we could filter some out that way.... hahaha.... I guess we will just see how it goes. The crappy part is that I have to work Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.... so I foresee some long nights ahead of me in order to be ready. It shouldn't be too bad, but I just cringe at thinking about how sore I was after Christmas....

As far as Hannah is doing, she is quite the mover! I thought KaeLee moved a lot, but my goodness, Hannah moves 10 times more! At my last appointment, Dr. Harrignton said that she is head down, which is good. I have another appointment on Wednesday.... I am going every 2 weeks now and I believe after my next appointment I will be going every week! We're getting closer! I am 33 1/2 weeks right now. I think. I can never seem to keep track! I have been working on Hannah's room wuite a bit lately and I think we have pretty much everything now. I made some art for her walls and framed it yesterday. I just gotta hang it up. And we got letters for above her crib to spell out Hannah and I painted them purple today. Shawn got the molding up last weekend and it looks really good. He's especially proud of it because he picked it out on his own.... apparently I was feeling especially trusting that day.... hahaha. I was ify about it when he brought it home, but now that it is up in the room, it looks very good. We are expecting arrival of the crib sometime this week or possibly next. Hopefully we will get it in time for KaeLee's party so we can show y'all her nursery. I have a few random things to buy still for Hannah, and of course, stack up on diapers, and then we will be all set! Whoo-Hoo!!

On Saturday, we went down to Tri-Cities and got KaeLee's one year pictures taken! They turned good! We got them ordered and, unfortunately, they won't be here till next week! BOOOOO!!! But as soon as I get them, I will post them for everyone. She was such a good girl! She absolutely LOVES the camera! She was hilarious! One of the pictures, the lady spelled out "ONE" if front of her, and KaeLee grabbed the zero and we got a picture of her holding the zero in front of her face, smiling through it... it's quite cute! I entered her in the Regis and Kelly's Beautiful Baby contest today.... so we are going to need your votes on March 1st!! I know she SHOULD win, but there are thousands of babies and I don't think that everyone who is going to vote will look through them all..... so I want to spread the word as much as possible for people to vote for her! I will keep you updated on when and how to vote when the time gets closer! First prize gets on the cover of parenting magazine, a year supply of gerber foods and gets $75,000 for college! Whoo-Hoo!! Even the top ten runners up get $25,000 for college! That would be just fantastic! I know it's a long shot, and I never enter contests, but KaeLee is just so darn cute!

Anyway, not much else has happened..... the last couple of weeks haven't been too eventful. Shawn is still working a lot and I can't wait till Hannah's born so that he can stay at home for a while with us all! Hopefully they get some big jobs and Shawn's stress level can go down a bit. My work is going to be very hectic next week! We start a new computer program, so the first couple of weeks with it will be horrible, trying to iron out the kinks and trying to learn our way around it. And we will have to start going up to patient rooms instead of just calling them. I am definitely NOT looking forward to this change! Ugh! Especially for my last month of pregnancy! I will be waddling around, up and down to the different floors, walking the entire hospital twice a day, while lugging around a laptop. I can see my poor swollen feet now!!

Hopefully I will see a lot of you this Saturday! Open House from 12-4.... you don't have to stay the whole time... but you are more than welcome to stop by and grab a plate of food! I don't know that I will write again this week.... I will be a little busy.... but I am sure I will next week and I will have some new pictures to post! Right now, I need to go take care of a rotten little thing upstairs that is NOT being very good and won't go to sleep. No.... correction.... she WAS asleep until I set her in her crib at 1:20! Then she fell asleep again at 2:00 after I went back up there, but same thing..... then I finally gave up and brought her downstairs at 2:30. She was good for about 5 minutes, and then she was very clingy and whiny and tired.... So finally at 3:05, I went back upstairs (this up and down the stairs thing is KILLING me, by the way!) and she fell asleep at 3:10.... and once again was up and standing in her crib as soon as I set her down! And now it is 3:30 and she is whiny and talking in her crib and I heard her throw her pacifier out of the crib. Ugh. She is being very annoying and I don't have much patience left for the rest of the day! I also hear her sneezing a bunch, so I am sure she is covered in snot and is all slimy! I think she is finally getting a tooth in! And I think that's why her nose has been runny the last couple days....

Anyway, I will catch up to you later.... it's 3:30..... only about 3 hours till Shawn gets home from work..... it'd be nice if KaeLee would fall asleep sometime soon and sleep for most of that! Then I am going up to my mom's tonight to watch the Bachelor.... KaeLee free!! Whoo-Hoo!! Have a great weekend everyone and hopefully we'll see you Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment