Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I need a mommy support group....

So before I start.... I have to say, I am absolutely CRACKING UP right now! I am watching the Biggest Loser from last night. This ribbon challenge is absolutely hilarious! The pink and the white team are especially funny!

Anyway, I just had to blog about KaeLee's day since I don't have anyone to talk to during the day....! I need a mom's group or something.... all the people I normally talk to have normal day jobs and I can't talk to them till evening because they are all busy at work and can't talk! BOO!! I have to work during the day too, but it's so nice to get off at 2!

So anyway, Shawn called me this morning after he dropped KaeLee off at daycare and he said they were putting her in the toddler room today. They asked if he brought any shoes for her, which of course he didn't because we never do..... they were going to go outside today! I was pretty iffy about this because I knew KaeLee had a runny nose and the cold weather would just make it run even more! Also, I am stuck in an office with no windows all day so I had no idea what the weather was like. Then about an hour later, the daycare calls me and asks if KaeLee can have chicken strips and fries for lunch today. I wanted to laugh so hard! First off, she has no teeth and second.... I'm pretty sure an 11 month old doesn't need to indulge in french fries! Anyway, I said no, so they just gave her a baby foods lunch.

So I went to go pick her up and she had just woken up from a near 2 hour nap!! I was ecstatic!! And Lisa (on of the toddler teachers) told me that she sleep on a toddler mat without using a pacifier and she didn't have to rock her to sleep or anything, she just laid down and she rubbed her back for a couple minutes! I am AMAZED and SO PROUD!!! What a big girl! And she said that at lunch time, she ate at the table (they have a little kid table with the little chairs...) and she didn't sit in a highchair or booster. (they do have buckles on the chairs so she wouldn't fall out...) Another proud moment!! Makes me want to lower her high chair and push it up to the table and eat with us. They also said that she loved playing outside (they had shoes she was able to borrow). This makes me super excited for warm weather when we can walk down to the school and the park and play on the toys and swing! I'm especially excited about the swing because I know she will LOVE it!

Another thing that makes me like the toddler room so much is that it is more of a play room and has bigger-kid toys in it to play with. They said she played in the little kitchen most of the day She loved playing with the dishes and the play food and was opening the oven and putting food in and everything..... HOW CUTE!! I wish I could've watched her play! It makes me want to get her a play kitchen.... how much fun would that be! Too bad we would have no where to put it! haha.

Anyway, I just wanted to share how proud I was of her today.... since Shawn still hasn't called me back yet. I'm sure he's busy at work, but I am so anxious to tell him all about her day! I know he'll be so proud of her too!!

Lately, she has been loving her room.... she likes to decide to randomly climb up the stairs and go play in her room. All her stuffed animals (except all her dollies, of course) are in there, along with most all of her books. She likes to read all her books and explore her "new area" of her room. This is all fine and dandy.... but can I just say "HOW BORING!!!!" And I mean for us, not her. It's either me or Shawn that has to sit up there with her. Ugh. It's so boring to watch her flip through book after book. And there is only so much picking up and cleaning I can do in her room. And even though she wants to be in her room, if you go into a different room, she whines and follows you. And if you were to try and go downstairs and let her stay up in her room, forget it! She will just throw a fit because you left her alone! Shawn would say that she is just like her mommy..... because he makes fun of me that I like to be in the same room as him, but don't necessarily need to be entertained by him. I just like the company, silent or not.... and that is what KaeLee's like. She could be playing by herself wonderfully, but then when you get up to go to the bathroom, she has to immediately follow you and be in there with you! Hahaha.... so anyway, I'm glad she likes her room, but my goodness it is BORING!

Well, I think that's it for now. I should probably start cleaning the house or something.... Luckily, Megan called me last night and asked me if I wanted to switch her shifts today and tomorrow, so I get off at 2 instead of 6:30! Whoo-Hoo!! That'll be really helpful with getting ready for KaeLee's party on Saturday.... I'm not so stressed out anymore. But that could be bad because I'll probably procrastinate and stress out Friday anyway..... haha. Anyway, I will hopefully see you on Saturday.... otherwise I will update up with some pictures and stories of her first cake experience! Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment