Sunday, March 4, 2012

An "Ah-Ha" Moment!

So I have about 8 books on stand-by that I REALLY want to read!  Yesterday I started reading "I Will Carry You" by Angie Smith.  She is an AMAZING woman!  Simply Amazing!  If you are looking for a great read, one that will having you crying in no time, and also rejoicing through tears, this is your book!

A bit of a back-story about her before I move on.....  Angie's first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.  She went on to have twin girls and then another girl.  She got pregnant again and at 18 weeks she waas told that this baby girl was "incompatable for life" and if she survived long enough to be born, she would not live longer than a few minutes.  She was advised to terminate the pregnancy.  She and her husband refused.  They figured there was a reason that God had chosen her to carry this child and they were not going to cut that life shorter than it was planned for.  So, the rest of the pregnancy, she carried her baby, knowing as soon as she was born, she would also die.  What a heartbreaking story this is and reading about her journey has been amazing and so inspiring. 

I have not yet finished it, but can't put it down!  I am halfway through it now.  Though I was only to page 23 before I was grabbing a notebook and filling it with life changing outlooks.  And I would love to share one of them with you now.  I will just share with you what I wrote (most of it is Angie's words, paraphrased by me......I'd love to take credit for this profound thinking, but can't): 

When Lazarus is sick, Mary and Martha send a note to the Lord that says, "The one you love is sick". (John 11:3)   They did not ask for healing.  They did not offer suggested ways to handle it.  They recognized that Jesus was Lord and they told Him their problem. 

This request is similiar to that of Mary (mother of Jesus) at the weddin in Cana.  She simply said, "They have no wine."  She doesn't tell him the solutionn she is looking for, she just staes the problem and waits to see what He will do about it. 

This is not the way I approach the Lord with a crisis.  I run to Him with a laundry list of suitable responses and beg Him to accomodate me.  "Heal her heart"  "Let her live"  "Please give me a healthy baby"...... and the list goes on. 

Recognize who He is and tell him the problem.  Then leave the rest to Him! 

There are so many other "ah-ha" moments that I have had just in the first half of the book.  I have cried myself through the entire thing but I have learned SO much as well.  It is SO true that God bring the most learning out of trials!  I think Angie also said something about the greatest JOY comes from our deepest SORROWS.  How amazing is that to be able to think that way and be able to truly praise God even MORE because of your trials?!?!?! 

That's all my thoughts for tonight.  Hope your weekend has been as relaxing and enjoyable as mine.  :) 


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Nikki, I feel so honored to read your thoughts. You've grown into such an insightful woman.
    I totally agree with the comments that the most learning AND joy come through sorrow. My most excruciating time (cancer) was also the sweetest time of my life. That is mind boggling to me. Only God can do that.
    I love you, Cindy

    ReplyDelete