Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas: Part 2: Santa Came!

Christmas Day


Here is our family Christmas morning!  Getting ready to open stockings. 
we woke the girls up early (6:00) so that they would for sure get a nap before we had to be at my Aunt's house before 1:00...... which is why they look a little "blah" here..... haha

KaeLee got a couple of books in her stocking and was happy with that!  She's my little bookworm!

Hannah got a new sippee cup with a straw and she was completely content with that!  She is always trying to steal KaeLee's away from her, but now has one of her very own! :) It's the little things I guess!

Mommy helping KaeLee open her gift....

It's a new bath toy and a book!  Whoo-Hoo!

Hannah opens her gift.... it was fun watching her tear off the paper, little by little....then put it straight into her mouth, of course! :)

Yay! Sesame Street books!  Hannah loves Elmo!

Hannah gets ready to open another gift!

KaeLee got a new vacuum!  She is always deathly afraid of the vacuum when I bring it out and as soon as I am done with it, she makes sure I put it away as soon as possible.  It's pretty funny actually, but I know it's probably traumatizing to her.  I was hoping that having her vacuum and being able to vacuum WITH me would make it better for her..... As soon as we turned her play vacuum on though, she got up and started to run away.... haha.  She is slowly getting accustomed to it and I will be vacuuming up the pine needles from the tree when they get up from nap today, so we will see how that goes.... She did, however, pick it up and WANT it to be turned on and went around the house cleaning with it today though, so maybe she will like her new toy after all.....??

KaeLee opening her gift from Santa

**insert shrieking noise here** It's a DOLLY! 

Hannah opening her gift from Santa (I apparently forgot the follow-up picture..... it was also a dolly)

I believe Hannah enjoyed her first Christmas experience!  She was having a ball!

KaeLee and "Sophie", her new dolly

Hannah just enjoys hanging out on the boxes, smiling away! :)

After we opened gifts, I got started on the cinnamon rolls.  We were trying a new recipe.... "clone of a cinnabon" and I, apparently, should have read the recipe before the morning of.... it took 3 hours to make!  Ahhhhh!!  So I had to get started.  I made a mental note for next year: Make them ahead of time, put them in the fridge and pop them in the oven while opening gifts!! 

But I do have to say that they were SUPER delicious!  I got the recipe from allrecipes.com and we thought they really did taste like a cinnabon!  Yummy!!  Except the recipe makes 12 rolls and there are only 2 of us!!  One roll was more than plenty too because of how rich they are!  So I put 4 of them on a plate and headed down to take them Lindsay's house.  Her van wasn't there though, so I texted her to see if she was home and if she wasn't, she was missing out on some amazing cinnamon rolls!  I thought maybe they went over to her mom's house for Christmas morning?  I got a text back telling me she was in the HOSPITAL having her BABY!!  YAY!!  I was SUPER excited for her!  She was due on the 20th and was going to be induced on the 26th.  But little Kenzie wanted to share her birthday with Jesus apparently!  :)  What a perfect Christmas gift for Lindsay and Mike! 

Kenzie Noelle (fitting, right?) was born at 2:30pm, weighed a perfect 7 lbs, 11.6oz and was 20 1/2 inches long!  And how perfect she is!  Having only gotten back yesterday, I have not been over to see her yet!  I was going to go today during nap time, but I am writing a blog instead since I have yet to shower today.  But here is Kenzie, looking so beautiful and perfect! 



Lindsay and her favorite Christmas gift!

Kenzie and her big sister Kalli!  Kalli is about 7 months younger than KaeLee, and about 7 months older than Hannah..... right in the middle!  haha.  Kenzie is about 9 months younger than Hannah.  For the last 2 years, we have been pregnant off and on together.  We joked around how I had until about Christmas to get pregnant again in order to keep the chain goin, but we have opted out of that one!  :) Although, we did (for those of you who don't know) have a pregnancy scare there for a minute at the beginning of December.  But so far, pregnancy tests are negative.  No period yet, but tests are negative...... should be anytime now....


Christmas morning at our house ends!  We had to wake the girls up from their nap!  Poor things have been woken up so much!  :( But we are headed to my Aunt Paula's house for Christmas Day with the Sauve's! (my step dad's side of the family)  KaeLee rides in the new truck for the first time.  Sophie in tow, of course!

This picture cracks me up!  haha!  It was so cute!  Hannah has really been practicing her wave and is now just starting to perfect it.  I really think she looks adorable here.  Kind of looks more like a doll (maybe cabbage patch kid) rather than a baby!

Tried to get a picture to show you the "chaos".  There were about 40 of us there!  It was a full house!  I think this is only about half of us.  Others are either downstairs, outside or in the kitchen!

Hannah looks so pretty in her little dress. 

Helping the girls open their gift from grandma....

Cousin Jake checks out KaeLee's new toy!

My cousins Angie and Cindy hanging out with some of the kiddos.... there were about 12 in all, I think! 

We went to my dad's house after the Sauve side and hung out for a while there.... when we drove up Shawn and I both said "Whoa!" haha.  There was about 20 cars in the driveway and lining the streets for a block!  One of those includes my sister's 12 passenger van... full of kids!  haha.  It was pretty much standing room only in there!  I have never seen so many people in that house at once.....ever...... haha.

The girls were so worn out already that they fell asleep during the 10 minute drive and, yes, we had to wake them up again.  I really do hate doing it....!

My step mom's mom is not doing well, as I have blogged about before, so all the "kids" of the family came out for Christmas.  They all live scattered around the state, I believe.  This is one of the reasons why there were more people than usual.  I believe there were about 16 kids at this gathering..... most under the age of about 9!  It was a little noisy, as you could imagine!  But I love it!  There is nothing but laughter that goes on when everyone is together! 

This is KaeLee opening her gift from grandma and grandpa Beaudry with Grandpa.  My Aunt Brenda and Uncle Dave are watching

Hannah also opens her gift from grandma and grandpa!  And she loves it!  Thanks for the ball popper dad and Pam!  It's not noisy at all!!.........????  ;)


KaeLee, Hannah and cousin Layla playing with Hannah's new toy

Hannah playing with cousin Anna.  One of my sister's large clan!  I should have taken a better angle of her..... because she is absolutely ADORABLE!  She is 13 months now.
 Pam, Hannah, and Grandma Bechard.  Laughter.  I told you it fills the house!

Here is Pam, all of her siblings, and Grandma and Grandpa Bechard!

Hannah is very interested in her Great-Aunt's jewelry!  Maybe she will be a little more girly than I thought....

KaeLee found the baby, of course! 
 The baby is Lola.  Layla's new baby sister.  Layla is showing her little sister the new dolls she got!  Haha.  It was so cute! 

 Hi Lola!!  You are so beautiful!  And look just like you're daddy!!

My dad with KaeLee and Layla

After we got home Christmas night (yes, it was late), I realized I hadn't gotten a picture of the girls in their dresses together yet.  So, despite knowing how tired they must have been, I decided to try and take a picture....... well, this is the best I got!  haha.  Poor girls.  They had a REALLY long day!

KaeLee wouldn't smile, but Hannah sat good for me!  :) Hannah's first Christmas!  YAY!

Then they got to take a bath and use their new bath toys......

KaeLee shoots!!  YAY! 

Hannah just loves to chew on the basketballs! haha

That's Christmas day in a nutshell!  The next morning we headed off the Cashmere for part 3!  Stay Tuned!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment