Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holden Uganda

If you haven't noticed, I have added a "button" on the left hand side of the blog. Holden Uganda. This is a foundation that my friend, Sarah, and her husband, Chet, have started. You can visit their website, http://www.holdenuganda.org/

It's purpose is to build wells is Uganda to provide clean water to those who have no access to it. This video is so sweet. They are dedicating each well in memory of friends' babies who have gone to Heaven much too early, like their son Holden.

There is a song that I really love.  It's called "My Own Little World" by Matthew West. (love him!) It talks about opening our eyes beyond ourselves, that this world does not include just "me", and asking God how we can be of help to others.  If you haven't heard it, watch it here

If you are moved and feel like you want to be a part of something more than just "population me" this Christmas, this would be a great starting point.  (I have no way of knowing whether you donated or not, so don't feel obligated because of me, I am simply passing on what I think is a good cause...)

Enjoy the video!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment