Thursday, December 16, 2010

Carrie Underwood = AMAZING!

So my sister-in-law, Megan, and I, went Carrie Underwood on Tuesday night and it was simply AMAZING!  I LOVE her!  I don't think she has a song that I DON'T love! 

So here is Megan and I at the concert!  We had a lady sitting two rows in front of us take the picture..... BAD idea since this meant she was looking UP at us.  Horrible angle for me!  (Megan, however, looks great from whatever angle!..... I like to think it's because she hasn't had any kids yet.... haha!)

The first opening band was Songs of Sylvia.  I really like them!  They are brothers.  I enjoyed them very much.  The lead singer was fun to watch and laugh at because he really liked to shake his booty!  haha.  (um, no, honey, I wasn't looking.....?) ;)

This was probably the best picture I got all night.  It was really hard to get clear pictures with all the flashing lights going on!  I'm definitely not THAT skilled! 

THis was the second opening act.  Billy Currington.  We knew a few of his songs.  He was good!  No cute booty shaking here though.  haha.  He was a bit too old and 'scruffy' for me..... LOL!

After the opening acts, they were setting up for Carrie's stage and this was part of that!  There was a little rope ladder that came down into the middle of the crowd and two guys climbed up it and took their seats in these big chairs up there!  They had to connect themselves to a cable wire up there in case they fell and the were buckled into the chairs.... haha.  That whole thing was swinging SO much!  It was SO scary looking!  I had to take a picture of the action

And there she is!  She was incredible!  She had about 5 wardrobe changes and looked super gorgeous!



During one of her wardrobe changes, we saw on the side of the stage, this glittery thing sprinting torwards the black curtains (what we thought was the wardrobe change area)...... then all of a sudden, THIS emerges from the curtained area!  WHAT?!?!  haha.  It was amazing!

Nevermind the fact that we were RIGHT there!  We had great seats, in the fourth row right on the side of the stage!  She literally was right in front of us!  it was so cool!

The flying truck was on a track hanging from the ceiling and it circled all the way around the arena.

She stopped in the middle and talked for a bit, then sang another song for the rest of the way.  Have I mentioned how AWESOME this was?!?!  haha


She played the guitar and the piano during a few songs.  The piano rotated around the whole song.  Talk about getting dizzy!

This platform was right in front of us and it was great! 

I can't say that I have a favorite song of hers.  I love them all!  But one song that really gets me excited is "Temporary Home"  I love it!  This is the chorus:
"This is our temporary home.
It's not where we belong.
Windows and rooms that we're passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is our
Temporary Home."
 I love it.  It's SO true!  :)  Anyway, that's all for now..... I think Hannah is starting to wake up, so I better get going.  Have a great weekend everyone!  I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already!??!  And Christmas is a week from Saturday!?  wow.  It's gone by so fast!  I have another video I wanted to share with you but I will have to write about it later.  So long!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment