Saturday, August 28, 2010

Naptime in the Cox Residence

Yes, Yes, you are seeing it correctly! Two posts in two days? What's going on? haha..... apparently I am just bored at work and don't have any work to do till 7:30, so I thought I would share a piece of my everyday with KaeLee...

So when naptime comes around in our house, here's a small dose of what happens:

Me: Hey KaeLee, you want to go take a nap?
KaeLee: Nap?
Me: Yes, a nap. Are you tired?
KaeLee: Tired?
Me: yes. tired. let's go upstairs and go ni-night for a while. Go find your dollies and we'll go upstairs.
KaeLee: Dolly? Dolly?
Me: Yes, go find your dollies. Where are they?
KaeLee: (Hands out to her side, palms up) Dolly? Where'd da dolly go? Where'd da dolly go?
Me: I don't know, where is she?
KaeLee: (still walking around looking, hands out to her sides and palms up) Where'd da dolly go? I don't know. Where'd it go? (she finds it) Peek-a-boo! There she is! hahahaha
Me: YAY! There's your dolly. Now let's go upstairs....

**By this time, she has gathered about 20 things while walking around searching for her dollies. She then decides to hand them all to me, one by one, including her dollies, then wants "up" (apparently too tired from gathering her belongings to crawl up the stairs on her own....) So I lug her 25 pounds of crap, plus her 50 pound dolly and an almost 20 pound KaeLee up the stairs.**

Me: Let's change your diaper first.
KaeLee: Diaper. Diaper. Diaper. Diaper. Diaper..... (yes, this continues the ENTIRE time I am changing her...)
Me: (intermittenly) Yes. That's a diaper. Yup. We're changing you're diaper. Hey KaeLee, what other words do you know? Oh, diaper? That's a good word. Phew, we're done with that!
Me: Okay, shut the door. (she shuts it) Turn off the light. (she turns it off)

**We put the dollies in the crib, the rest of the crap on the floor, grab her blankie and sit down to rock. She squirms and squirms**

Me: Do you just want to go in your crib? Or do you want to rock?
KaeLee: (whines, whines, whines, squirmy, squirmy, squirmy....)
Me: Okay, let's just lay down. (lay her down, attempt to cover a flaying child) Goodnight KaeLee. I love you.
KaeLee: WHHHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Me: (shut the door almost all the way)

**Sudden Silence**

Me: (continues downstairs to a now impatient Hannah waiting for me to come back to her)

When I turn the corner into the Living room....
KaeLee: (through the monitor) Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......!!! (I can just picture her throwing her dollies hands up in the air much like we do with her and Hannah) Hi! Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, hahahahahaha, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Happy! Happy! (at this point I know she is "singing" 'if you're happy and you know it, clap you're hands' to her dolly and probably forcing her dollies to clap her hands)

**Silence**
Me: (thinking) Hey, maybe she went to sleep. That was fast.

15 minutes later:
KaeLee: (from the monitor) "SQUEALLLLLL" hahhahahahha. YAY! hahahhaahaha.

Yeah, so much for going to sleep quickly.

Then anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour later, she is finally asleep (after way too much fun in her crib with her dollies!) But I figure, Hey, at least she takes a nap. She is always asleep for at least 2 hours, 3 hours a lot of time. Yesterday, she was in her crib from 12:30 to 4:30. I think it took about a half an hour for her to fall asleep. Wow. I love it!

Of course, there is always the exception and not every day is that predictable.... like this last Tuesday.... she was in her crib for 2 hours... awake the entire time! Apparently she thought the 10 minute nap on the way home from Home Depot was sufficient enough. HA! I finally decided after 2 hours, that being the decent mother I try to be, I should probably feed my child some lunch, seeming how she's tiny already and it probably appears to strangers that I withhold food from her. At least she was happy in her crib the entire time and not at my feet whinning.... haha. She definitely was ready for an early bedtime that night though!

No comments:

Post a Comment