Tuesday, March 9, 2010

SHE'S HERE!





Well, Hannah arrived an hour and a half past her due date! She was born at 1:34am on March 9th, 2010. She weighed in at 7 lbs 6 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. Labor was short thankfully, because I didn't get any drugs till about 15 minutes before she was born.... haha. It was very painful, but she came quick.

My contractions came at about 8:00 yesterday morning, then they went away by noon pretty much, coming only randomly. Then they came back at 7:00, every 20 minutes. I decided that it would be a while, so I drove up to my mom's to watch the Bachelor. (Like I do every Monday night...). Well, as soon as the show started, they started being 10 minutes apart, then by 9:00 they were about every 6-7 minutes.... so we called Shawn and he got the bags ready and my dad took my car to go get him and KaeLee. KaeLee spent the night at grandma and grandpas while Shawn and I headed to the hospital.

The hospital was a joke as soon as we got there! We had to wait in the waiting room for an opend observatory room for a half an hour! Then once we got in there, nobody came in for another 20 minutes. Then when she checked me, I was 5-6 cm. I started to worry, thinking I wasn't going to get an epidural in time! Then we finally got a room and contractions were strong! Ugh. Then I asked again about an epidural and they said they need to start the IV first and let it run for about a half hour! AHHHH!!!! Then it took FOREVER for them to get the IV in. It took 4 different people and about a million pokes and different places they tried. Ugh. Then they finally got it and the doctor got here and asked if I had the epidural, knowing I wanted it and when they said no, he was quite upset and annoyed. You could tell for sure. He made them give it to me (thank you Dr Harrington!) but the guy took 3 different tries and took absolutely forever! All during this, I am suppose to be staying still and relaxing my body! HA! They finally got it in and I had to push really bad!!! She came out during one contraction.... 2 or 3 pushes. Whoo Hoo!!

Then her temperature was low, I guess, so they waited before giving her a bath. Well, actually, first, they took about 45 minutes before they came up to weigh her and measure her. Then it took another hour and a half before they came back for her bath. I actually had to call the nurse and be like "uh, are they going to give her a bath and wrap her up?" And she said oh, we have all night, not in a hurry.... And I was like "uh, yeah, we don't want to wait all night though!" I was super annoyed. Oh, and the fact that they wouldn't let my Aunt up to the room when she got here. That was annoying too! Ugh. Anyway, enough complaining, I suppose.... she's here and healthy and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment