Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A day of discovery......

Tuesday, March 29

Well, Hannah is 3 weeks old today! Yay! Can't believe it's been that long already, really. Well, KaeLee and I learned a few new things today. I'm sure Hannah did to, but not sure what it is....

I learned that it is extremely difficult to open a TV tray with one hand.... haha. I suppose I could have just sat down at the table to eat my lunch, but I was holding Hannah, and the dining room chairs don't have arms on them, nor do they rock.... hahaha. I'm sure you are thinking, "why don't you just put Hannah down?" Well, she has not allowed that much lately! She was asleep and I just wanted to eat my lunch without worrying about a crying baby. However, I then had to go to the bathroom, so I ended up putting her down anyway, and she actually stayed asleep for nearly 2 hours!! AMAZING!! KaeLee was also asleep, so I got super excited and started cleaning up and getting some much needed tasks accomplished. An hour and a half later, I realized that they were both sleeping and I didn't take a shower!! *sigh* So I got some stuff done around the house, but did not get a shower in today. Rats. So, needless to say..... I feel icky! I think I need to go to the eye doctor again, because I got another horrible headache today.... every day for over a week now, I've had one right behind the eyes. I'm pretty sure I need a new prescription. Ugh. The last time I went to the eye doctor, KaeLee was about a month old, she had a blowout in the car and I went to change her in the waiting room and forgot the wipes!! Haha.... random story, but it just popped up...

Anyway, back on track here..... KaeLee discovered static today! And how to climb up onto the couch. (With mommy's cleverness of stacking pillows and blankets so she is tall enough) She has been hanging out on the couch most of the day, reading her books and caring for her dollies. And rubbing her head along the back of the couch! Haha. It has been wuite entertaining to watch her today. Her hair has been making me crack up all day! It has definitely been a great day, with minimal shouting... haha. I wanted to get her her own little couch for Christmas (they make ones that fold out into a bed... so cute!) but they never went on sale and I thought she may have been too young, but now I definitely want to get her one, knowing how much she loves the couch. Between the couch and her 30 minutes of daily Barney, she has been very entertained today! My goodness, she loves Barney! It's fun to watch her watch it! She sways back and forth to the songs and points and laughs at them and trys to sing along. It's super cute!

I went to Toys R Us with KaeLee this last weekend while Shawn stayed home with Hannah.... we both (me and KaeLee) needed to get out of the house. Well, her first trip to Toys R Us..... it went well and she absolutely LOVED it!! She was really quiet and shy the whole time. People would talk to her and she woujld get all shy. Every once in a while she woulud point to a toy and say something, but was pretty quiet otherwise. Until we turned the corner to go down the doll aisle! Haha. It was like she just ate a pound of sugar pills! She saw all the dollies and immediately started "talking" a mile a muinute, pointing and smiling. My goodness! It was super hilarious!! She loves her dollies! She did start to get frustrated because I would hand her one and she would grab it, but it was stuck to the cardboard box, and she wasn't loving that. Silly girl!

I took the girls for their first walk today. We don't have a double stroller that Hannah is big enough for yet, so I had Hannah in the front pack and KaeLee rode in her car. It was a success! And there were lots of other people out walking since it is spring break for the kids this week. So KaeLee enjoyed the people watching. It wasn't completely nice outside.... a little windy and overcast, but I can't wait for nicer weather (not hot though!) so that we can walk down to the school and go on the swings and the slide... KaeLees's never been on a slide before!

Well, it's 6:00 now, Shawn is still not home.... said he will be home later tonight... hmmmm.... wonder what time that means... Hannah is sleeping, laying on my chest, and KaeLee is on the couch, babbling away to her dollies, and reading them books. I would get up and make some dinner, however, I think it's a good night for some leftovers.... :) Oh, what I would give for a shower right now..... :) Or a nap.... Well, my time on here is up.... I will write again soon (hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment