Friday, March 5, 2010

Another day with no Hannah...!

Friday, March 5th 2010

Well, I just noticed something on the blog that is bothering me! It doesn't post the date that I wrote the blog, just the time. That's weird. I checked the settings and layout and it says that it should show the date, but.... it doesn't. Anyway, it's annoying me and I'm not sure how to fix it. Until I do, I suppose I will just write the date at the top of each blog.... haha

Well, glancing at the calendar to write the date, I notice that today would have been my Grandma Sauve's Birthday. Perhaps KaeLee and I will have to take some flowers out to her grave today. I can't believe that it has been, what, 5 years, since she passed away. Maybe 6? Hmmmm.... I think it was 2004 actually.

Anyway, I am pretty much not excited anymore for Hannah to get here and am just plain annoyed that she NOT here yet! Ugh. I have just wasted an entire week of maternity leave!! Thinking for sure that she would be born in February, I told my work I would work up till March 1st. Hmmmm.... now if I have the baby today, I am down to only 8 weeks off. I suppose that's more than I took off with KaeLee (I had 6 weeks with her). But she also didn't go straight into daycare either. Tara watched her on the few days I worked during the week until she was 6 months old. I am hoping that I can work it out again to where Hannah won't start daycare until she is 6 months old either. I have a few different options.....

Anyway, yesterday I was a bit too productive and am quite sore today! I made zucchini bread (YUMMY!) and did 5 loads of laundry, the usual of picking up/ cleaning up after KaeLee 5 times, made dinner (okay, Shawn barbecued steaks.... all I did were the potatoes and green beans...), went for a walk with KaeLee, and did some picking up upstairs. It doesn't actually seem like too much when it's down on paper, but oh my! It did yesterday when I was on my feet all day! Either on my feet or on the floor playing with KaeLee... haha. I was sure that the baby would come today because of how great I felt yesterday and how much energy I had! HA! So much for that, eh?

Today she took a 3 hour nap! I was pleasantly surprised. I could've watched a movie! Or taken a bath! But I never know how long she's going to sleep, so it's hard to plan on doing anything that takes a while. Instead, I showered, made a lasagna, paid a couple bills, talked to a couple people on facebook, picked up KaeLee's toys, did the dishes and ran the dishwasher. Ugh. My feet hurt. Now KaeLee is eating lunch while I "supervise" then I get to clean up after her and then I'm sure she'll be begging me to play with her. So much for just sitting down and doing nothing. Haha.

I can't wait for Shawn to get home tonight! For one, it is the weekend, so he will be home the next couple days, and two, we have Survivor, Chopped and Kitchen Nightmares to watch! And maybe he'll help me paint KaeLee's bench this weekend so her room can FINALLY be complete! Then I can take some pictures and show you. Though, you'll probably see it in person before that actually gets accomplished.

KaeLee is done eating and clean up is done. Shhe is playing good by herself at the moment, but I better get going before she starts whining and noticing I'm not paying attention to her! She's so high maintenance! ;-) not a very exciting blog, I know, but I was bored....! Well, I will write later, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment