Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years!

Well, our last Christmas party is over! Jon, Sue, Alyssa, Christina, Loretta and Ernie came over for the weekend. We had a great time! I made my first Turkey ever and was told it was great! Whoo-Hoo! Not sure I want to make another one though. It grossed me out quite a bit, getting it ready and rubbing it down! (SICK!) I have a hard enough time preparing raw meat when it's ground, but dealing with a full, headless Turkey was horrifying! So much so, that I just couldn't actually eat it. So I guess I have to believe the rest of them when they claimed that it turned out great....

KaeLee got definitely worn out! They sure kept her busy busy busy! Getting her to bed was the easiest task ever these last 7 days with how worn out she got with all the family! In fact, we were all worn out. On Monday, they left at about 2:00, or shortly after... KaeLee was asleep by 2:30 for her afternoon nap and Shawn and I were both asleep by 3! And we all slept till 5:00! haha. I could've definitely slept until morning, but KaeLee woke us up. :(

We had quite a long week, visiting family, baking and getting ready for the holidays! I love spending time with family and seeing everyone and catching up with everyone, but I can also say that I am glad it's all over. I work tomorrow, Sunday and Monday still, then I have 3 days off!! Whoo-Hoo!! I plan on doing nothing at all and sleeping whenever KaeLee sleeps. I can tell that I am in my third trimester for sure with how tired and exhausted I am!

To add to my soreness from baking, cooking, cleaning and being on my feet all week, I took a slight fall down the stairs on Tuesday night. I slipped somehow on the first step and bounced down the next ten stairs or so on my butt. My arm is super sore and feels like I just about pulled it out of socket when I tried to grab the railing to catch myself. So I didn't do any real harm, but I am still SO sore and it hurts to move!

KaeLee has started walking so much more this last week and on Monday night, she walked all the way across the room! She's so cute! And she is becoming so motherly! She will definitely make a good big sister! She likes to line up her dollies and cover them up with burp cloths, bibs, towels, clothes, or whatever kind of cloth she can find. She puts them in the recliner and rocks them, she hugs them and kisses them and feeds them a bottle and pushes them in her stroller....!! It is just so darn cute!

Well, it's New Years Eve... it's almost 9:30... I think I'm gonna go to bed here shortly! Yeah, I won't make it up till midnight! I am so tired, it's not even funny! Shawn will have to ring in the new year by himself... (sorry hunny!) Well, tomorrow rings in the new year. I think my next blog will be about new years resolutions. I have quite the list. We were talking about this at work today and came up with some good ones. But I can't stop yawning and must go to bed..... I will see you all next year! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Enjoy the last of the Christmas pictures!


Me and my first Turkey!


Grandpa Jon and KaeLee


KaeLee showing off her party dress


KaeLee with her gift from Great Grandma and Grandpa


KaeLee played peek-a-boo with all her new clothes


Sue, Alyssa, and Nikki watch KaeLee attempting to open her gifts


KaeLee and her new spingebob squarepants pajamas (from Grandpa Jon of course!)


Mommy and KaeLee


KaeLee with her new toy from Grandma


Our Family in front of our Christmas Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment