Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pictures of Cox/Ward Christmas Weekend

Well, with all that's on my to-do list for the week, I wanted to get these pictures up and post a blog before we are overwhelmed with even more christmas's and pictures. This last weekend, we went to Cashmere to visit the Cox and Ward families. We had quite a ball. KaeLee loves Jen and Meg and had a blast with her aunts. It took a while this time for her to warm up to Grandpa, but by the second half of the second day, she finally allowed him to hold her. Silly girl.

Aunt Glenda stopped by to visit as well, and got an unexpected gift for KaeLee.... her first christmas gift actually.... and it was a doll. KaeLee loves that thing! She has really been into her dollies lately. One in particular, she has been dragging around with her. She likes to gather them all together, put them into her swing and push them. This morning as we speak, she is putting them into the recliner and rocking them while singing to them (I think that's what she's doing anyway.... she's babbling away to them anyway)

We had a great weekend with lots of good food and fun and are blessed to have such a large family and that we are able to visit everyone at some point during the holidays. Of course, we wish they lived closer so we could see them more often, but I suppose we are lucky to have them only an hour and 45 minutes away! And luckily the roads we fabulous (other than all the fog) and we were able to take the short cut and go over bluet pass. Oh, and Shawn FINALLY got his truck back! Hopefully it actually works this time!

This week I have been baking quite a bit and wrapping gifts and attempting to clean the house. So far I have 8 dozen cookies made, my sugar cookie dough made, all the gifts wrapped, went grocery shopping (that was a 3 hour ordeal!) and have picked up the house a bit... my list is still VERY long.... hopefully I can finish everything. I have to take it a little slower today though.... My siatic nerve started KILLING me yesterday and my legs are SO sore! I will definitely be drinking a lot more water today, in hopes that I won't get any leg cramps tonight! OUCH! I feel like I have pulled a calf muscle, they are so strained and sore!

Anyway, I think it's about time to get to work. I'm gonna go roll out my sugar cookies and empty the dishwasher.... and KaeLee's probably getting ready for a nap soon. Hmmm..... should I attempt to put a Christmas movie in while working, or just turn on the Christmas music.... well, I will post.... well, actually I don't know when will be the next time. It may not be till next week.... we'll see. We've got a busy week ahead of us! Happy Holidays everyone, enjoy the rest of the week! Merry Christmas and God Bless! Enjoy the pictures!


KaeLee loves it when Hayden comes to play!


KaeLee and Hayden playing together


KaeLee opening her first christmas gift!


Yay! It's a new dolly from great-aunt Glenda!


Mommy and KaeLee reading her new book


Daddy helps KaeLee open a gift


KaeLee and her other new dolly from great grandma Cox


KaeLee with her ribbon.... she played with this the most!


Daddy and KaeLee


KaeLee loving the bows


Such a happy KaeLee!


Our Family's First Christmas!


Grandma Cox, KaeLee and Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment