Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Overflowing JOY!

So last night, the phone rings at 9:15pm.  With both girls asleep, we are frantically running around looking for the phone, sice it is (of course) not on the cradle where it should be!  I look at the phone and it says it's the hospital.  Hmmm....... why are they calling? 

It turns out to be Dr. Pitts, the doctor who performed the D&C procedure.  And he called with the BEST news EVER!  Well for the situation, anyway.  He said that the pathologist casme back with the report and said there was nothing conclusive for WHY this happened (totally expected) but he said he WAS able to tell the gender of the baby!  :) :) :)

My heart about leaped out of my chest when he said this!  I GRINNED!  The pathologist said that the baby was a BOY!  :)  A HUGE weight was immediately lifted from my heart and I felt pure JOY at the news.  This was completely a God thing.  God knew how frustrated and disappointed I was because I didn't know the sex of the baby.  Part of me was so mad at Dr. Pitts because part of me felt like, since he didn't know me, or maybe because it the middle of the night and he was called in..... that maybe, just MAYBE, he really WAS able to tell the gender during the procedure but didn't take the time to look or care.  I'm sure this is not the case, but after doing a lot of research online, it was overly frustrating to read of several stories of women who had this same experience at 16 weeks, as well as several that were sooner..... and they were all aware of the baby's gender.  So that just added to my frustration and hightened my anxiousness.  God knew that I wouild not be able to wait until Heaven to find out!  Through sorrow comes great BLESSINGS! :) 

Just thought I would share this bit of GREAT NEWS with you this morning! My heart is at ease.  Jordan Trinity is a BOY. 

*Sidenote*  This news also makes me really nervous for our next pregnancy.  Knowing how much Shawn really wants a boy, I am just praying that we still have that chance and that Jordan won't be our only boy! 

1 Samuel 1:27-28 
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment