Thursday, June 23, 2011

Maybe a little TOO much love going on.........

SO...... I forgot to mention in my last post...
My daughters love each other.  No, they REALLY love each other.  In fact, the other day when I was rolling my cart around Costco, I was slightly annoyed that they have these (what I thought was) great carts that can hold two small humans in the top.  Well, my girls think they are on display when I roll them around in this cart and they feel as though they are in a parade, what with all the waving the do and all the "Hi's" they give. 

But today they were really putting on a show and giving each other lots and lots of kisses........ and I don't mean just cute little sisterly pecks on the cheek..... I mean full blown, tongue involved, eyes closed, arms wrapped around each other, open mouthed, kisses that lasted, no joke, about 10 minutes at a time.  This was not the mommy moment of, yes, my kids are cute and give an agreeing smile to those who smile at them or comment on cute they are.  This was a "quick-get-around-the-corner-turn-my-head-these-are-not-my-kids" embarrassing mommy moment.  And there was nothing I could do about it.  They were just into it.  I tried saying, "okay, that's enough love:, okay girls, how about you take a breath there", "how about we don't do that here?" and countless other "nice" ways to stop them.  Oh, and trying to physically (and causually) pull them apart didn't work either.  And when they did finally stop (and I could take a sigh of relief), they would giggle and start it up again......... AHHHHHHH!!!!!! 

The whole time, I just see people out of the corner of my eye looking at them.  People start to smile and laugh a bit, but then when they realize that they are STILL kissing, they start to get worried and raise their eyebrows and begin to lower their heads and slowly turn down the next aisle.  Like they are saying to me through their minds, "where did they learn THAT?" or "what is that mother teaching them?" or "She must let them watch some bad shows on TV"  All to which I can say, I am wondering the SAME thing!  I can't remember the last time I kissed someone like that........ haha.  My husband's response was "who's coming over when I'm at work, and what are you doing with him?"  Uh huh, right, honey.  We all know how touchy feely I am.... or am NOT!  haha. 

Anyway, I just had to be sure and tell this horrifying story.  I fear going back into Costco for a while since I don't want to be known as the "mom of those girls who were making out!" I think I will give it a week or two..... maybe 3?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment