Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Cards.... and other random tidbits....

I have been saying for the last couple of days that I need to write a blog, but I don't really have anything to "blog" about. 

I mailed off the Christmas cards today!  It's December 1st. They have been done for a couple of weeks, just sitting on the counter waiting for December 1st to come around.  I feel pretty guilty this year about the Christmas cards.  This is the first year I have done a picture card.  I put a lot of thought into choosing which design and what to write on the card, but I still just don't feel like they are very "personal".  I wanted to make little note cards or something and stick it in with the Christmas cards, but Shawn said no.  He thought that was silly.  But I just feel so bad mailing them out without a hint of personalization on them. 

I dropped them off at the mailbox this evening and as I drove away, I realized that I didn't seal a single one of them!  Ah, CRAP!  I am hoping that it won't matter.  I am hoping that no one will receive an empty envelope!  They were just sitting on the counter, waiting for December 1st and I hadn't sealed them yet because I thought I was going to put a personal note in them.  But I never did because I was swayed by Shawn not too.  Anyway...... so I am nervous about whether you will get them or not.  And if you read my blog and did not receive a card, I deeply apologize.  We have been shrinking Christmas, as far as gifts, cards and other material things go.  It can get way too expensive and just adds to the stress.  It is also why we are only participating in one of our 5 gift exchanges this year.  There are two of us and so that's about $50 per exchange, and we just don't have the extra $250 laying around.  In fact, we were able to do Christmas this year for cheaper than ever!  Thanks to my amazing shopping abilities and our scaled down list..... :)

My last day of work ended up not being Monday, but it will be Sunday.  I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then I am RID of that place!  I thought I really liked working there, but I have found that I really don't like working for big companies.  I have been happiest when I had jobs at smaller companies.  Where it's not all politics.  And not so much drama.  That's what I am REALLY glad to be getting rid of!  I would be happy to continue my job from home if I were able.  I like interacting with the patients.  For too many patients, I am the only person they get a phone call from.  It's sad but true.

Shawn went to a Seahawks game this last Sunday with Jon (his stepdad).  It sounded like they had a lot of fun.  They had some really good seats!  He took a few pictures.  He got stuck over in Seattle for the night though and had to crash at his sister's apartment (she's going to UW this year).  He got a flat tire.  Well, he BLEW his tire.  And there was no way he could have driven home over the pass on a spare tire!  So, yeah, we got the $250 bill the next day for two new tires.  Ugh.  It seems like every month there is a big bill that comes up uunexpectedly.  Have I ever mentioned that I hate money?!?!  Ugh. 

Hannah has not been sleeping very well at ALL at night!!  It's so frustrating!  On Sunday night, she woke up and felt SO HOT!!  I have never felt anyone as hot as she was.  She didn't have a fever though.  And she wasn't crying, she was just whimpering and whining a bit.  Which I think is worse.  On Monday, I went over to daycare to visit her during my break and she felt so hot again.  I asked the lady to take her temp and it was 102.3.  So I went back to work to try and wrap things up and leave early, but Shawn was able to get off and go get the girls.  Last night she woke up just screaming.  I was convinced she had an ear infection and was super close to taking her to the ER but I finally got her calmed down, she drank about half of her bottle and then was able to go to sleep.  I rocked with her for about a half an hour to make sure she was asleep and then put her back down.  She woke up 3 hours later and drank another whole bottle.  She is doing much better today and has been back to her normal self.  I am really hoping that she sleeps better tonight, but she didn't drink her bottle before bedtime, so I know that she will unfortunately wake up again tonight.  Probably just as my head hits the pillow.  I just pray that it's not like last night.  That was awful. 

We get to go Christmas Tree hunting this Saturday.  I almost hate to mention it because I instantly think of my new friend, Sarah, who will not be putting up a tree this year.  I feel a bit guilty to think that we will be enjoying an afternoon with our two girls looking for the perfect tree while Sarah and Chet don't have that pleasure with their son, Holden.  I know she wouldn't want me to feel guilty at all and would be excited for us, but I can't help but think of them. 

Well, here are a few pictures.  I really have been horrible about the camera!  I didn't take a single picture during Thanksgiving!  What?!?!  I know!  It sucks.  I don't think I saw anyone with a camera.  So no possibility of stealing pictures from anyone else either!  I realize that this time, KaeLee and Hannah are not equal in their pictures, but I couldn't decide which picture of Hannah to use and I didn't have any of KaeLee by herself this time.  Enjoy the few pictures there are though! :) And have a great rest of the week......

OH!  And HAPPY DECEMBER!  I am trying to do something 'Christmas" related each day until Christmas.  Today were the Christmas cards.  23 more days to go!  I think tomorrow the girls and I will make a Christmas craft.  That'd be fun! 


KaeLee is teaching Hannah bad habits here.  This is the only show that KaeLee tries to watch like this (we don't let her stand this close, but I did long enough to take a picture since it was so cute!)

I wish her face wasn't so white in this picture.  I really like it otherwise.  She was laughing.

I really like this one too.  When she sees me with the camera, she does what KaeLee used to do.... come straight towards it!  It makes it really difficult to get a picture of what they were doing. 

This is what she was doing that I was trying to get a picture of in the first place!  haha.  She's so cute!

The view from Shawn and Jon's seats at the game

Jon and Shawn

Too bad they were sitting on the "away" team's side.  How cool would that have been to have been right behind the Seahawks!!!???!!?!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sweet friend, I find SO much joy in knowing you guys get to set up your Christmas tree! Your girls being happy in the season brings me happiness. I'm incredible touched...actually crying because I just read this and YOU were thinking of us. Thank you! And I love all the pics and reading about yalls life. Really want to meet you in person one day!!

    ReplyDelete