Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Fabulous Weekend and More...

Tuesday, June 1st!
Wow! I forgot it's June already! Where did May go to?!? June just means hot weather is around the corner. Yuck!

Well, One weekend of traveling down.... 2 to go. We went up to Ephrata on Sunday.
We started off with the shortest distance first, and will be working our way up to the farthest trip. All the extended family on the Sauve side of my family go up there every memorial day weekend. There is well over 100 people there. It is lots of fun... Shawn entered the golf tournament and went golfing again later in the day. I played in 2 washerboard tournaments... coming in 2nd in one of them! Whoo-Hoo! There were lots of little babies, KaeLee's age, so she also had a blast! Hannah slept the entire day. And I mean, the ENTIRE day. I think being outside just wore her out and drained every ounce of energy she had. We left at about 8:30 and the girls slept the whole way home and stayed asleep through the transfer from car to crib. We thought for sure they would sleep in since they had gotten so worn out, but they were wide awake at 6:30! Although, nap time came early at 8:30, and we all took a 2 and 1/2 hour nap. It was really nice to have a day home with both Shawn and the girls for once. Since I've gone back to work, that hasn't happened.

KaeLee is definitly getting bigger and growing up! Looking at her baby pictures and even pictures from her birthday, she has changed so much! She doesn't look as much like me anymore as she did when she was a baby. She is still trying to talk. She babbles on and on and on and on.... haha. It's pretty cute! She has added a few words to her vocab, including: up, thank you, mama, rocka rocka rocka (while she's rocking us in the chair...), excuse me, you're welcome, bye bye, yellow, magnet, hippo, no, light, please..... it seems like there are more too, but I can't think of them.... She's still in love with Barney and is still toothless.

Hannah is still growing and getting very big! She is such a happy baby and smiles all the time. All you have to do is look at her and she cracks a huge smile! Of course, as soon as I point the camera at her, she stops. Urgh. And Shawn can get her to smile a lot easier than me usually. She has started to laugh some too. Again, usually only for Shawn. I like to think that he's funnier lookin and crazier than I am. haha. Hannah has been doing great sleeping in her bassinett lately and is actually getting too big for it. We need to move her to the crib anytime now. We will as soon as I go to the store and get another monitor. I didn't think I would need a second one, but it would just be way easier! Hopefully I can make it to the store sometime this week to get it. Yesterday, Hannah was laying on the floor under her play toy thing and the next thing we knew, she was asleep. How great is that!?!? She just fell asleep on her own, laying on the floor. So we are hoping that will happen in her crib if we just lay her in there and turn on the mobile for a while. Oh, that'd be nice! She is quite the thumb-sucker! She will pull her pacifier out so that she can suck her thumb. It super cute, even though I'd rather her not do it.

Shawn and I went for a walk with the girls last night around the development. It was about an hour walk. We are hoping to do this every night, if possible. Tonight we are going to try and do it earlier so we can stop at the park and let KaeLee swing and play for a little while. KaeLee loves going on walks! She can't stop talking and pointing things out. Then she turns around randomly and says "hi!". She's so cute. :) Then she'll turn to Hannah, who's next to her and tickles her and says hi to her. It's adorable.

This week there is not much going on. Just trying to get the house clean and back in order. Got finished unpacking today from Sunday. Only to have to pack again Thursday night. Still not sure what we are going to do this weekend. We are going to Megan's graduation Friday night, but I have to work Saturday. Shawn is going to stay over, so we have to drive separately. As of today, Shawn's car is not ready, and both girls can't fit into the truck, so we're not sure how he is going to get back yet with both girls or if I am going to take one of them back with me and find someone to watch her while I am at work on Saturday. Option one is that Shawn tries to find all the parts to put his backseat back into his car. Apparently he thought it was more convienent to have gigantic speakers than a backseat. Thankfully, his Grandpa was smart enough to convince him to keep the backseat when he moved to Yakima so we have the option. Option two: If he can't find all the parts he needs, I may have to go pick them up after I get off work on Saturday. Option Three: I take one of the girls back with mme and have someone watch her Saturday while I'm at work and then Shawn can take his time getting back with the other. Anyway, those are our options. Just thought I'd share my dilima. If I do have to take one back with me, which one do I choose? KaeLee would be more entertaining for people to watch, but no everyone and seen and spent time with Hannah..... hmmmm..... hopefully it will all work itself out.

I do have some pictures to post, but I will add them later tonight. Right now it is past KaeLee's bathtime. Normally I would just have Shawn give her a bath so that I could finish the pictures... but it's Hannah's bath night tonight also. So I will be back shortly to finish the pictures. Have a great rest of the week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment