Monday, October 26, 2009

Boy, am I exhausted!

What a very busy weekend we had! On Saturday, Sue and Loretta came over and we hung out and played with KaeLee. We went to dinner Saturday night at the Powerhouse Grill. Shawn has been there before, but I never have and have been wanting to try it. We put KaeLee in the highchair on the end of the table (we were sitting at a booth) and the hostess came over and started passing out waters. Well, the waters spilt on her tray, and then all the water came gushing down over top of KaeLee. Poor girl, got covered in ice and ice cold water! She was quite shocked at first, then cried, of course. So I had to change her soaking clothes and convince her that the high chair was safe again. She was quite a champ through it all though. The poor hostess felt really bad and apologized a million times. The way I look at it is that at least it wasn't coffee (which was coming out next) or at least the actual glass didn't fall on her and break over the top of her head. It definitely could have been MUCH worse. But still.... the poor girl! :(

Sunday, we went to the church breakfast and bazaar down the block with my parents and Sue and Loretta. I won a turkey! Well, my dad had bought the raffle ticket, then stuck it in front of me. Why on earth do I need a turkey? I have no idea! I have never cooked a turkey in my life and have never really had the desire to! Gee, thanks for the Turkey dad! He won the very first turkey raffled off. My Grandpa bought raffle tickets almost every drawing and he still hadn't won a turkey when we left.... wonder if he ever got lucky?

After the bazaar, we went back to the house to let KaeLee finish her nap and then we headed to the pumpkin patch. It was quite disappointing. Not what I would have expected, but we had an okay time I think. We went through the corn maze (very long and tough to push KaeLee's stroller through). We did pretty good in it, getting turned around only once or twice. We picked out our pumpkins and got a couple of good pictures. KaeLee had pretty much NO facial expression the whole time. I really don't think she enjoys being outside a whole lot. She was like that all summer in the heat, and now in winter with the cold! She was all bundled up and looks quite chubby in her pictures. I'll have to post them later.... I'm at work right now.

After the pumpkin patch, we went to Pizza Hut for a late lunch. Yummy! Then headed home for KaeLee's second nap. When she got up from this nap, she was not feeling very good at all. She had started coughing Saturday night, and I could tell by this time yesterday that she was not herself. So the next few hours after nap were hard, then it was bedtime. She woke up at 3:15 this morning, coughing a lot and whimpering. Poor thing. She was back in bed when I left at 5, but I don't think she was quite asleep. So Shawn got the pleasure of an early morning with me this morning. She goes in for her 9 month appointment tomorrow morning, so I'm not too worried.

Speaking of which.... Happy Birthday to KaeLee today! She is 9 months old! WOW! She is getting so big and has started to add the word Momma to her vocabulary! YAY!! She is just so cute, sometimes I don't know what to do with her! (and of course, other times, she is so difficult, I don't know what to do with her!) haha

Well, this week isn't too busy for me. Shawn is flying down to LA on Wednesday for the day for work and may have to go to Seattle one day for some meetings. I only work today, Thursday and Friday. We have to carve pumpkins one night this week too, so I can get some pumpkin seeds roasting! YAY! Then Saturday, we'll dress up our little butterfly and hit a couple of houses (family and nearby friends) and then stay at home to pass out candy! So far, living in this house, our record is 280 trick-or-treators.... so we'll see what is this year. I have a feeling they are going to start super early since it's a Saturday. I have already been told that a couple of friends' kids will be by at about 3:30.... oh boy!

Well, have a great week everyone.... the last week of October! It will be November by the next time I post, probably.... unless something really eventful happens (oh, and except for posting the pictures). Anyway, I'll write again soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment